Kingston - New Route - 5.10 EH

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Kingston - New Route - 5.10 EH

Postby samis » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:04 pm

Last year sometime, Sam & Will Jones showed me a new route they were working on at Lake rd. We top-roped it and it proved to be a fun enough route to warrant putting some bolts in. Just a couple weeks ago was the first time I had access to a hammer drill at the same time I was going to be in Kingston.

Route Description:

5.10 EH (5.10) **
F.A. – Eric Samis, Sam & Will Jones - August/2015
M(1) – Tree Anchor
Height: 12m (40ft)

There is a small ramp about 7-10m to the right of cracktacular. Follow this ramp, then up a hill to a dirty looking corner with a face to the right, behind a couple of big fallen trees. From here, you can see the 3 bolts on the face. Follow the sharp, but good face holds to a big ledge below a roof split by a crack. Plug a cam (0.4-0.75 BD) or nut into the roof crack and make the final move to a good ledge with a tree anchor. This route may be short but packs in some fun moves.
samis

Re: Kingston - New Route - 5.10 EH

Postby SamJ » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:18 pm

Great route for sure, thanks for the bolting Eric. Theres gear before the roof (on the ledge - 0.75) too, that can make the roof scene a little better if you need it. The corner to the left of the face has been climbed as well. I cleaned it last year but its grown in already. The face route seeps... and watch out for them spiders! :D
SamJ

Postby SamJ » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:24 pm

SamJ wrote:Great route for sure, thanks for the bolting Eric. Theres gear before the roof (on the ledge - 0.75) too, that can make the roof scene a little better if you need it. The corner to the left of the face has been climbed as well. I cleaned it last year but its grown in already. The face route seeps... and watch out for them spiders! :D

*Both routes seep. Get on'em though, steep/interestning climb
SamJ

Postby samis » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:01 am

samis

Return to New Brunswick