Moving to Moncton

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Moving to Moncton

Postby rehanb_bl » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:55 pm

I am moving to Moncton in April and desperately would like to keep climbing. Anyone in the area or anyone willing to meet up for some climbing?
rehanb_bl

Re: Moving to Moncton

Postby Greg » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:34 pm

rehanb_bl wrote:I am moving to Moncton in April and desperately would like to keep climbing. Anyone in the area or anyone willing to meet up for some climbing?

Hey there. We have a fairly active group of climbers in Moncton and regularly make trips to local crags in New Brunswick. You are welcome to join us sometime. What do you climb? Sport, trad, ice, boulder?
Greg

Postby rehanb_bl » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:07 pm

Just started with mostly sport but looking to get into just about anything (except ice), it would be me and the wife looking to find some spots. Is there anything close to Moncton? we are considering a small wall in our basement as well.
rehanb_bl

Postby Greg » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:36 am

rehanb_bl wrote:Just started with mostly sport but looking to get into just about anything (except ice), it would be me and the wife looking to find some spots. Is there anything close to Moncton? we are considering a small wall in our basement as well.

Nothing really close to Moncton. The nearest sport crag is Kingston which is about one hour and twenty minutes away.
Greg

Postby rehanb_bl » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:46 pm

Where do Moncton climbers practice? I am very much considering starting a small bouldering gym.
rehanb_bl

Postby Greg » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:13 am

At the moment there is no commercial climbing gym in Moncton. There has been lots of talk but so far no construction that I know of. If someone were to tackle this project I think it could be a big success.
Greg

Postby rehanb_bl » Tue May 24, 2016 10:39 pm

Greg, any tips or insight to what the community needs? I am putting together a small bit of documentation for it. I am in Moncton now and went out for a climb at the kingston crag, plan on being there this weekend as well.
rehanb_bl

Return to New Brunswick