Welsford Passes

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Welsford Passes

Postby climberwannabe » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:13 pm

Hey guys, we Alex and I were at Welsord last week the commissionair didnt make us take a day pass or come back to check in on a daily basis. We explained to him we were climbing in Area 40, and camping for 2 nights, and he just had us call the shack on the way out to let them know we were done. Is this unusual? Perhaps cause we are military?

Steve
Mother nature: 1, climberwannabe: 0
climberwannabe

Postby Fred » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:16 pm

that's what they told us last weekend too. Turns out Area 40 was closed but the commisionair on at that time didn't remember and told us to go for it. We called when we were done at which point we found out about the closure for training. duno... It's all confusing.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:44 pm

I just called in the # and ext listed on the sign in Welsford. They said that Area 40 is closed and they won't know when it's reopened until monday when they post the new list.

I remember some military guys who are also climbers visiting from BC telling me that they heard that area 40 would be closed in late august for training use.

I still don't think they'd actually be doing any training exercises right on cochrane lane where we climb.

Andrew
Andrew

Postby martha » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:47 pm

There are about 2000 reserves in Gagetown right now doing various military training. I heard about it on the radio.

area 40 is a really big area that encompases more than just the cliffs. The commisionaire on the weekend told us he doesn't know why they close it because the cliff line is never used for anything anyways....
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Shawn B » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:37 pm

Anybody called to find out if we are open for business this week and or weekend? I'd like to make other climbing plans if it is closed for training this weekend.
Shawn B

Return to New Brunswick