Chipsealed Cochrane Lane

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Chipsealed Cochrane Lane

Postby Andrew » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:59 pm

For any of you who haven't been to Cochrane Lane since Thursday last week, chipseal (sorta) has been put down in place of the rocky/dirt road section leading upto the farmer's place. No more dirt road. It's loose shredded pavement from highway 7 running through welsford. The foreman onsite during the dumping of the material in piles along the dirt road told me that they planned on running the roller machine over it and then it would eventually melt together in the hot sun over time to create a fairly nice 'chip-seal' finish.

I was over it recently and it is nicer than the HUGE rocks they had laid on the dirt these past few months and your car isn't all dusty. I didn't find any tar crap on my car after so it's an improvement in my opinion.

I just wonder about the heavy trucks and tractors that drive over that at 60-80km/h every day. They will most likely mess up the road. Only time will tell.

What does everyone else think?
Andrew

Postby Fred » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:02 pm

yeah it's not chipseal it's just the ground up asphalt from the old highway. They laid it down like you would gravel but this stuff will clump together better than gravel because of the tar in it. There aren't many big trucks that pass on that road. Loaded tractor trailers might sink in a little but I don't think a farm tractor is a problem. It would be nice if they compacted it with the roller though.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Ropeguy » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:54 pm

One or 2 of the people that live on that road are owner operators however they do not normally bring home loaded traliers,most are smart enough to realize that 114,00lbs plus will damage an unpaved road........ a bobtailing power unit won't hurt it.....so it sounds to me like all will be well, little bit of frost may change things but worry about that come winter time,,,,,Mmmmmm Winter time!!! Ice climbing and fast snow mobiles!Can't wait!!!
Ropeguy

Return to New Brunswick