amphitheatre routes

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

amphitheatre routes

Postby jeremy » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:01 pm

Does anyone have a topo of the amphitheatre? I'm still confused about where everything is. OR does anyone know which order the routes go from left to right (chunky chunky area to petes retreat area)? If so will you let me know? I'm sure they are out of order in the guide book (sorry if i'm incorrect).

jeremy
jeremy

Postby jeremy » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:03 pm

AND is there a route 30' down hill from fligh of the valkeries that follows the diagonal cracks?

jeremy
jeremy

Postby Fred » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:37 pm

I'm starting to get a better hold of the routes up there. If I work on the next edition, and I might since I'll have lots of time at home this winter, I'll certainly add more topos and I have a million other corrections.

30ft downhill of Valkeries would put you somewhere around Rockstar or maybe Chernobyle. Is there a red sling on a bolt anchor halfway up? That would be Chernobyle. Then right of that is Rockstar which finishes at a chain (you can prob see it up high).

does this help?

I'm still very confused for some of the other stuff. I know where "Generation X" is as well as "Greg's Hairy Replacement". Those two routes are just left of "Pete's Retreat". Although they are in the Amphitheatre they are more part of Cheeckbone in my opinion. There is lots of potential in the Amphitheatre. I'm thinking of exploring it a little more. Now that I have some new favorite routes up there like "Rockstar" and "Weeping Whisker" I'm sure to be up that way more often.

There will also be a much needed topo for "Gallery Wall".
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Return to New Brunswick