Mix/Dry Tooling in Corner Brook

Welcome NF !!!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Mix/Dry Tooling in Corner Brook

Postby RyanGarnett » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:36 am

Hey All,

If you read this please feel free to make a post!!!

I have recently moved to Corner Brook and I am interested in some mixed climbing and practicing some dry tooling. I was wondering if there are any areas that are allowable within the area, or any areas/routes that are a no go? I have been going to the Asylum for bouldering and it looks like a good spot to get in some dry tooling. I don't want to mess up any route, so if anyone would be able to tell me about some of the routes that would be great. I can see the bouldering routes in the open area, I am more interested with the area in the cave for dry tooling. Plus, if you are interested in joining me at some time let me know....could use the advice...

Thanks!
RyanGarnett

Postby Diamox » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:28 am

Ryan,
As you will see come December loads of ice form in the beautiful Humber valley. As far as I know the rock quality does not lend itself much to mixed for the longer ice routes. Most of the ice which forms is over previouslt blasted rock or rock or questionable quality. I'm not aware of any bolts on any of the ice routes. But I may certainly be wrong. send me an email and I'll give you a contact of a guy who would know more.

Diamox
Diamox

Thanks....

Postby RyanGarnett » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:19 am

Hey,

Thanks for the info. What is the ice climbing scene like here? Are there many people who climb? I am new to the area and will be looking to climb with some people. I have been looking for people this summer, but haven't met anyone. If you are interested, or know of people who would like to ice climb, feel free to pass on my email.

Thanks again,

Ryan

r_garnett@hotmail.com
RyanGarnett

Return to Newfoundland and Labrador