Early West Coast NL start

Welcome NF !!!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Early West Coast NL start

Postby s.white » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:02 am

Hey Everyone, Just thought i would give an update on the climbing here on the West Coast. A small group have been getting out fairly regularly around C. Brook and Gull Pond. Still snow down in places but some lines are dry and most of the boulder problems are good to go. With warmer temps all this week the snow should take a bigger cut and the cliffs will soon stop seeping! Go Climb!
s.
s.white

Postby Diamox » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:04 am

s.white,
any new routes go up on the west coast last year that you know of? I'm still hoping someone will find a nice crag in the C.brook area.... You should check out the cliff opposite the tablelands about 1km down the road from the main parking lot in Gros Morne. There a vein of potential that is differnent from the geology of the blomidons/tablelands/gros morne choss. Maybe someone has check it out already.

Peter
Diamox

Postby s.white » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

hey peter. yeah i know of a few routes that went up. a couple of top rope stuff on the north shore from cbrook. but the better climbing is in sville. not sure of the crag you talk of up in gros morne.
are you kicking around cbrook? email me if you are.
shawnewhite@hotmail.com

s.
s.white

Western NL climbing

Postby Tenn » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:03 am

HI
I'll be in the area between june 18 and july 8. Will be mostly working for the first couple of weeks but will then have some free time to check out Newfoundland. Will bring a rope and rack and would love to check out some of the good stuff over there. Not exactly sure what to expect but am very much looking forward to it.

Would love to check out any long routes in the area of Corner Brook/Stephenville. Trad, sport, bouldering. Any one willing to show a west coaster (me) some east coast stone qualifies for a few free pints and western hospitality the next time you visit Squamish.

Cheers

t trent at canada dot com (no spaces)
Tenn

Return to Newfoundland and Labrador