climbing in NFLD?

Welcome NF !!!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

climbing in NFLD?

Postby scared o'heights » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:18 pm

Good Day,
I am contacting you from Nova Scotia wondering what the climbing scene in New Foundland is like?
Are there many climbers? ia there alot of places to climb throughout NFLD and Labradour?
I know in N.S. there is an active climbing scene through Climb Nova Scotia ans Climb Eastern Canada, how about you guys?
I have been to New Foundland three times and loved it, so much I am marrying a Newfie.
Hiked and camped Gros Morne, Loved it!
I will be spending alot of time in NFLD in the Future and maybee live there so am qurious of the climbing comunity.
Would appreciate andy feed back.

Thanks,

Affraid o'Heights
scared o'heights

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:11 am

well all i can tell ya is that if your marring a newfie you should know newfoundland is all one word.

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:39 am

it really depends on where you are on the island as to what climbing will be available. you said you been to gros morne so you know the climbing potential of the west coast. big walls exist all along the southwest coast. as well as bouldering. st johns is probably your best bet for running into another climber as they have a climbing gym and the most developed areas. good luck
and by the way, the other guest was right, you should know that newfoundland is all one word, and not just because you are marrying one!

Postby dquinn » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:22 pm

Anonymous wrote:well all i can tell ya is that if your marring a newfie you should know newfoundland is all one word.

Dude, if you are going to comment on spelling, try not to mess up your own post. What is marring?
dquinn

Return to Newfoundland and Labrador