Question

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Question

Postby john » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:33 pm

Can someone please tell me the name of the company beyond gravity was renting the property space from.
john

Postby Scooter » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:05 pm

Creit Management or Creit Properties, I beleive.
Horrible people to do business with from what i witnessed
Scooter

Postby The Mitt » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:25 pm

Not to sound like a vulture but is there a chance to buy any of the holds and panels?

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby Zamboni » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:52 pm

Panels are not good, they put the friction coating after the wall was up. You can't find a screw to un-screw! So the walls has to come apart Via Chain saw! And theres no holds left! But I bet you can get a sweet deal on a greegree!
Zamboni

Postby The Mitt » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:58 pm

What about the formed wall? Wow who bought all the holds?

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby Nate » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:32 am

Creit was actually pretty good with BG from what I saw. They put in a new, better air system because the one we had sucked. BG would still be in business right now if they didn't get screwed over by another partner. The demand of little wee ones that want to go rock climbing for their birthday is still there in large. A gym of that size with a little lower rent and no con-artists could thrive right now before the kids shift there eyes toward something else. I'd see kids in there that had been there for 5/6 other birthday parties and wanted theirs to be there too. It's really sad to see it go like this,
Nate
Nate

Postby Scooter » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:51 pm

but they also charged 10,000 for rent, per month, took a huge chunk of space and gave it to them next door, and wouldnt let sean out of the lease. there was a few incidents that happend really early in bg;s career that i cannot recall either
Scooter

Postby dcentral » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:06 pm

Like the whole clogging toilet business.
dcentral

Postby Michelle » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:07 pm

I heard everything was auctioned off this past Saturday. There was a notice in the Halifax Herald about it ... so I was told. I'm in NB so I never saw the paper fo rmyself.
Michelle
Michelle

Postby Fred » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:43 pm

I wonder who bought those molded pannels. I'd love to get my hands on those.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby tracstarr » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:00 pm

some kids dad for like $700!
tracstarr

Postby Fred » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:19 pm

tracstarr wrote:some kids dad for like $700!

you've gota be kidding me!!!!!!!!1

I would have bought them for that much sook sook
Fred
Site Admin

Postby granite_grrl » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:08 pm

Did anyone who actually climb get to the auction??

Geez, $700 for those moulded panels, those have got to be worth more than that.
granite_grrl

Postby jeremy » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:17 pm

that makes me sick! That featured wall was worth $15,000 or more. I guess ground zero got a lot of the stuff. I wish they would have offered some of it to us staff who lost our last 2 weeks pay before selling it for those kind of prices! :evil:

JH
jeremy

Postby saF » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:27 am

There were a few climbers at the auction. Most of the lots were too large for most people. Who wants 4 boxes of old harnesses or 3 boxes of shoes?!

The guy who got the wall was planning ot go as high as $1400 to get it. He's planning to put it up on the back of his house! Talk about having a great dad! Wish my dad did that when I was a kid!

The money from the auction was going to HRM for back taxes.

saF
Scott Ferguson
Cornwall, PE
saF

Postby seanT » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:32 am

I too was at the auction it was sad. GZ did get a lot of stuff but consider it a public service as I have already thrown 25% of the harnesses in the garbage for being so beaten as to be unsafe. Some guy was going to buy them all and sell them on EBAY. As for the shoes many of them will be going to needy children who can not afford thier own climbing shoes but a lot of the shoes were trash as well. Some guy bought all the GriGris and Freino biners and I think is planning to sell them as scrap metal! I'm not sure what to do with the rest of the harnesses GZ really has no use for that many harnesses. Im trying to contact some climbing organizations in poorer countries to see about making a donation.
Yeah it sucks Jeremy I have been in your shoes twice, working one day, no job or paycheck the next. Not much anyone can do about it once THE MAN steps in and takes over.
o yeah the only climbing holds that were auctioned off went to a climber couple that I didnt recognize and apparently they took off without paying for the holds.
Anyhow the whole sordid affair has put a real blemish on the indoor climbing industry here in NS so lets just stop talking about it and start climbing again its almost winter and that means only 1 thing
GOOD SENDING TEMPS!!!!!!!!!!
SeanT
seanT

Postby pwylie » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:12 am

Sean,

Let´s chat about some of the stuff you are looking to send south... I work with local communities in Peru and Bolivia to develop climbing and mountaineering skills in youth down here. These skills allow ecotourism work opportunites and personal development. We´re looking for equipment... maybe your trash (real bad shoes) are our treasure.

Might I add, I extend this offer to others in the community as well. Drop me an email.

pat wylie
La Paz, Bolivia / Revelstoke, BC
farmer_pat(AT)hotmail.com

PS - Some of the NB´ers can vouch for me, I´m legit... although a dirtbag ;)
¨The mountains are calling and I must go.¨
-John Muir
pwylie

Postby Fred » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:19 am

Yeah right Patrick. I remember you selling off a bunch of kittens on ebay that were supposed to go to a children's hospital. I wouldn't trust you with my dog and some peanut butter. :wink:
Fred
Site Admin

Return to Nova Scotia