Tour de Bloc local comp on saturday

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Tour de Bloc local comp on saturday

Postby ben smith » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:12 pm

hey just thought i'd mention that the first TDB comp is this saturday at the Rock Court- sending starts at 12:30-It's the tour de bloc so the prizes are going to be rad....alright just checked the prize box and my jaw dropped- trust me you'd be crazy not to come out for this. Price is 35 bones...call 494-1935 for more details.
ben smith

Postby ChrisA » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:27 am

MEC is sponsoring the Tour this year, so prizes will be-a-plenty.
Good luck to all the kids from home, keep me posted on your standings.
-Chris
ChrisA

Postby martha » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:56 am

awesome...more orange chalk bags and water bottles for everyone!
Kidding... aren't you excited Ben?

But getting extra prizes isn't hard to do. You just write letters to all the suppliers!! We easily got $2000 in extra prizes last year for the UNB comp!

Which by the way is coming up on March 11!!!

Cara
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby ben smith » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:28 pm

ohhh dude the prize box far surpasses orange chalkbags and water bottles in radness, I'm not sure if i can tell people what the prizes are but look at the tour de bloc web site and the sponsors and imagine a cubic meter or more of solid schwag from them- and there is no space filling waterbottles this is pure radness.
ben smith

Postby Fred » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:48 pm

ben smith wrote:ohhh dude the prize box far surpasses orange chalkbags and water bottles in radness, I'm not sure if i can tell people what the prizes are but look at the tour de bloc web site and the sponsors and imagine a cubic meter or more of solid schwag from them- and there is no space filling waterbottles this is pure radness.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ben dude! you crack me up everytime I read your posts. What is shwag anyways? LOL
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby ben smith » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:56 pm

Schwag /'sssshhwag/ noun. 1 prizes and/or booty gear, anything free and good. i.e the holds and panels dug out of the dumpster in front of BG tonight and the $63 anasazis which were purloined from MEC... Its been a schwaggy day yo.
ben smith

Postby martha » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:06 pm

Ben, you are almost bang on...

the actual definition of Schwag is this...

"A promotional item is merchandise given away free of charge to the public in an effort to promote a business or increase interest in, or sales of, a product. These items are also referred to by the slang terms schwag and tchotchke. (The latter is derived from a Yiddish word meaning "trinket".)"

it is also an alternative spelling for the word 'Swag' which is:

-A wreath or garland suspended from two points, also fabric hung from two points
-A subsidence in the ground
-Goods taken by a thief or burglar; compare loot
-In Australia and NZ, a swag is the traditional roll of belongings carried by a traveller in the bush. See also swagman
-(especially Australia and NZ) a large amount of something
-As an abbreviation, SWAG stands for "scientific wild-assed guess" or "silly wild-assed guess".

I thought immediately of the Swag that an Austrailian carries... as their gear or 'loot' and assumed that was how it was being used in Ben's case. All that from the song 'Waltzing Matilda' too.... whoopie....
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Nate » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:32 am

Tour de Bloc was awesome! good routes, fun and swag had by all. 3.02 cubic feet of swag.... thanks nick and heather
Nate
Nate

Postby Zamboni » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:42 pm

Oh my GOD! Its good to see you ladies had fun INDOORS! I had a great time OUTSIDE. And didn't run into anybody else. Hey nic and heather, you guys should have more comps! Its great!
Zamboni

Postby ben smith » Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:25 pm

ahhh, but conan we did go outside after the comp. when did you ladies head home? because the real hardmen send at night... hahahahaha. Hope you had a good day out man did you and keith go up to bridgetown? I heard there was a plan in the works for that.
ben smith

Postby Scooter » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:54 pm

screw night climbing. more like... nightmare climbing.
Scooter

Postby ben smith » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:39 pm

scott dude we went out saturday night with eager and it was sweet you could climb in a t shirt. I should have told you guys we usually stay out late friday night though sorry bro. do you want to come climbing monday afternoon (no 12 o clock night session I promise)
ben smith

Postby tracstarr » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:54 am

where you gonna be? i might come out after work since i'm already close to most of the couldering
tracstarr

Postby Scooter » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:43 am

where you gonna be?
Scooter

Postby Zamboni » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:04 pm

No night sessions here! But we did have a nipple session! haha..

Didn't make it to bridgetown, everything fell apart at the last min!
Zamboni

Return to Nova Scotia