Bridgetown, this sunday

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Bridgetown, this sunday

Postby Zamboni » Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:51 am

Can anybody tell me what the conditions are like? Is the place covered in snow, are the problems free of ice?
Zamboni

Postby zig » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:27 am

covered in snow, yes.
zig

Postby sgt.global » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:21 pm

I will be away until the first week of January. I will try to clean some problems when I get back and let everyone know when we get some good climbing days. Non of the landowners are interested in having people just show up as of now. They have all asked me to be present when other climbers come down. I know this is not ideal but at least they are not opposed to us climbing. As we continue to develop the areas I hope the landowners will become increasingly open to having more climbers on thier land. I will be asking Cara (CNS) to visit with the landowners this winter to help with the development of the area. Hope everyone has a good break over the holidays and I look forward to some winter sending in the new year.
sgt.global

Postby zig » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:34 pm

I strongly recommend respecting Derick's wishes. It only takes one careless person to lose access. At the moment, it is NOT cool to go without a tour. If you plan on visiting email Derick.
peace
zig
zig

Postby The Mitt » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:18 pm

So, is someone working on access? We have been hearing about all the sends going on there but very little about access. Sounds fishy.

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby martha » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:17 pm

It isn't fishy at all. Derick is working with the land owners and they are open to people climbing there so long as other climbers are always accompanied by Derick/Sarah, at least for now. It is christmas time and Derick is going away to spend time with family and everyone else is also very busy. Work will continue after the holidays.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Zamboni » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:37 pm

I understand, couldn’t go anyway, too hung over.
Zamboni

Postby dcentral » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:09 pm

Sucky. I wanted to check it out when I get home this week. Oh well I guess we'll have to go some where else.
dcentral

Return to Nova Scotia