cliffs to climb with sun?

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

cliffs to climb with sun?

Postby granite_grrl » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:54 pm

Weather looks decent for tomorrow, thining of trying to get out for a day of climbing while I'm still in the province. We have trad gear, no pads so we were going to try some trad climbing (figure we'll get a nice hike at the very least ;) ).

Its supossed to be pretty sunny, but a little windy. We were thinking Sorrows due to how close I am to it, but could be convinced otherwise. What cliff would people recommend to try catching the sun but not be left shivering with the wind?

Rebecca
granite_grrl

Postby ben smith » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:12 pm

sorrows can be either great or absolutely miserable depending on wind direction. if you can get to crows nest (short paddle from the govt wharf in tbay it should be sheltered regardless due to large conifers (from what i remember ) but you need a boat and the easiest line is 5.9. maybe the scapper in st margerets although ive never been there. there is a crew heading to grover to boulder with pads aropund 10:30, if you can get into grover there will be plenty of pads around -call me at 441 1648 or check zig's guide if you need directions. there are undone trad lines in grover as well if you want to bring your rack.
ben smith

Postby granite_grrl » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:35 pm

I think grover was developed after I moved away from NS, we might be interested but I don't really know how to get there or if we'd be able to find you guys when we got there :oops:.
granite_grrl

Return to Nova Scotia