buildering

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

buildering

Postby ben smith » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:20 pm

i've been on a gnarly buildering spree around dalhousie recently and there is some really good problems there that are worth checking out-does anyone else know of good areas around halifax. im getting pretty stoked, some of the problems are almost as good as out side
ben smith

Postby Scooter » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:20 am

It's true. Kings is a buildering paradise. Mad problems, gnarly painful crimps, and good window ledges!! Ben, call me for a night session again.
Scooter

Postby mike walsh » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:41 am

the arches by the parade wall, and i guess the parade wall itself, if you don't know what the "parade wall" is, its the big ass wall by grand parade....go figure. the very end on the right has a super tall line with cool little pockets and some odd sidepulls, never done it myself as ive only looked at it while drunk and its high so i opted out of drunken death fall, someone do it up
mike walsh

Postby nsagar » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:47 am

I'm down.

//Nick
nsagar

Postby felix » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:21 pm

If it is too chilly outside, try the walk way from the Killam Library to the LSC, right underneath the Chem building. Not even security seemed to have a problem with us traversing there...
felix

Postby szymiec » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:02 pm

Ok, i have to admit, at first i thought you guys were crazy. Climbing buildings? I mean, come on! Then, a couple of days later i noticed this:

http://www.szymiec.com/images/5489_crack.jpg

If you use the very well dressed model of as a height guage, you will see the line is about oh, 2 1/2 maniquins high.

Try not to tear off the moulding on my building if you do climb it. Ha.

That 5489 happens to not only be right on Spring Garden Road, but it also happens to be my front door! Dont peek in the window K?

Ha!

Whos crazy now?

Ha Ha Ha!

Ha
szymiec

Postby szymiec » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:03 pm

Oh yeah, and the light is out.
szymiec

Postby chameleon » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:47 am

I love buildering! It was a staple in my formative climbing years on Campus in Kingston, Ontario.
And I used have lots of sessions on the Martello Tower (traversing) in Point Pleasant Park...it's under vertical but the crimps are tiny....that was when I used to have mad finger strength. Y'all should check it out.
chameleon

Postby ben smith » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:32 am

stoked-I heard there was some radness in point pleasant park plus i m heading down there soon to check out smu buildings
ben smith

Postby szymiec » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:26 pm

You guys have to check that 5489 crack out. It is a sweet splitter that goes up about 40 feet. There is a good finish on the top moulding above the light fixture(15 feet). Not to mention the exposure, not serious fall potential but rather, cops, security, a powerline and a huge audience make for a challenging day out.

chris
szymiec

Postby ben smith » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:21 pm

yeah chris im stoked to get down there maybe during the weekend
ben smith

Postby szymiec » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:44 pm

If you need a spot, just ring on #1 doorbell and i will come down.
chris
szymiec

Postby ChrisA » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:41 pm

if youre looking for a nice view, and not so much of a challenging builder, try the line between the pressgang and the book store on the side street between Argyle and Barringotn.
Theres a ledge that runs along the top of the windows and a big throw to a sunken roof section. mantle up, and walk back away from the street til you see a steep roof on the left. Get a good runoff, grab the drainage gutters at the top, and climb up over the window. Next, off to the right, climb up the high 5'(or so) chimney base, and then up onto the roof, walk over and see barrington from above. its beautiful at night. especially when drunk, although i dont suggest doing it alone. or doing it at all. but its a nice view.
man I miss Hali.
-Chris
ChrisA

Return to Nova Scotia