hunting season may be over....... BUT

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

hunting season may be over....... BUT

Postby tracstarr » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:33 pm

So, hunting season is suppose to be over correct? Well, in the last two weeks I've seen more hunters (with guns) and heard shots fired than during hunting season. Two weeks ago there were multiple gun shots in Grover. Last weekend scott and i saw two hunters with a gun and dog walking. Today was the eariest...on a little hike to find Owl's Nest in West pennant there were many gun shots... and then... the kicker.... a skinned beaver hanging from a tree!!!!!!! and still very fresh!!! freaked the hell out of me.

Definatly going to be wearing my orange for a while still. I'll post some pics later with a shot of this carcas.
tracstarr

Postby cooper » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:50 pm

small game is still open that is probly y u r hearing more shots and that is definatly y u saw the dog
-Ryan
cooper

Postby nsagar » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:45 am

If u saw the skined beaver you are on the right track to getting to Owl House. Last year my dog nearly got caught in a "leg hold " trapon that path. My neighbour's father's dog actually died in the same trap last year. There is a trapper who lives in and around the West Pennant area and doesn't seem worried about putting traps close to the ATV trails.

As for hunting....most are out for rabbits now and not climbers although some times they look almost to the same in some hunters eyes when in heavy bush. These hunters are using shot guns and 22's. Be aware. Bright colors are better for the hunters and all your sending pictures too! Ha!

Not sure if all know this but it is always hunting season in NS. At anytime hunters can be in the woods shooting animals such as coyotes, squirrels, crows etc.... all year round except on sundays.

Hope you found Owl's House.....
Nick
nsagar

Postby The Mitt » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:12 am

Good advice about the dogs, I usually let mine off lead once I get in the woods. Didn't legislation come in last year regarding how far from trails leg hold traps must be? Why would anyone hang a beaver from a tree?

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby tracstarr » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:18 pm

Image[/img]
tracstarr

Postby The Mitt » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:32 pm

The only thing scarrier than seeing that is being out there and hearing some redneck saying "boy you got a right pretty mouth" :shock:

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby johnthegreat » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:39 pm

Ummm not all hunters are rednecks....
Climbinb WILL ruin your life!!! :)
johnthegreat

Postby nsagar » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:57 am

I'll admit it. The skined beaver was me. I was just trying to scare Ghislain away from repeating my lastest project. (joke)

//Nick
nsagar

Return to Nova Scotia