Exploration: grover and prospect

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Exploration: grover and prospect

Postby Nate » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:02 pm

Hey,
Just wondering if anyone has looked at the wall you can see on the way to Grover. Just as you exit the little section of woods, there is a nice wall that extends quite a ways. Has anybody looked at the whole thing? There must be something....its a huge wall.

Also, I'm not sure who it was that I was talking to about this a while ago, but theres a wreck in Prospect. I remember paddling there when a was little, but I'm sure where it is and apparently arial photos show some possiblities there. Was that you Eager??

Anywho I'm stoked to hopefully find some new stuff in the new year.
Peace,
Nate
Nate

Postby Eager » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:18 am

Yeah Nate that wall has a monster problem called the big event v4, there's some pics of it on zigs site in the 2003 news. tyler sherman did the first ascent four years ago.
Eager

Postby Nate » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:54 pm

wow, that whole wall only has one problem? Did anyone ever scope out the whole length of it?
NAte
Nate

Postby Eager » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:43 pm

I don't know dude, If you find some new lines giv'er. If your looking for new stuff I'd recommend, getting some topo maps, check out google earth aerial photos, and be prepared to not find anything and hike a lot. Another good way to find what spots might have new boulders is reading about the geology of the nova scotia.
Eager

Postby Eager » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:51 pm

or maybe your talking about the wall that's on the left side of the lake before you walk into the woods. There are a few problem just off the trail after you cross the stream up the hill that Zig did, and a few around the big wall, as well as a couple of unfinished projects.
Eager

Postby The Mitt » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:50 pm

I have the aerial for that area, you are welcome to come by to look or to take a lend of it.

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby Nate » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:16 pm

No, thats alright. Thanks for the offer though. I know what a want to go check out, I just have to go do it. Once exams are done with I'll have some free time and I'll go take a look then. Unless you meant those shipwrecks. Have you paddled in to those?? They're pretty sweet, I just don't know how to get to them...
Nate
Nate

Return to Nova Scotia