Anything in Antigonish

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Anything in Antigonish

Postby chalkdusttorture » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:04 pm

Brand new to these forums, it seems like everyone's from Halifax and I'm wondering if there is any way to get into this sport from where I am or am I just gonna have to make road trips?

Thanks!
chalkdusttorture

Postby The Teth » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:05 pm

Well, the good news is that Cape Clear, the biggest cliff in Nova Scotia, is at least two hours closer to you than it is to us. The bad news is that there aren’t very many climbers in your immediate area, so if there are decent climbing areas in Antigonish, no one has found them yet.

Teth
The Teth

Postby ben smith » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:05 pm

but this is your chance for rad first ascents and never ending glory...err maybe not but if you find anything good post up pictures and people will have road trips to antigonish to teach you about climbing instead of the other way around. (note my parents used to have a farm up there and there is some absolutley awful shale with fossils in it. this is choss and probably not terribly safe to climb on don't post pictures of this or you will scare people away. I remember a quarry up there in the woods with maybe some worthy granite in it but i was pretty small so it might be choss too.
ben smith

Postby MarkR » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:45 pm

I just moved to the area from Vancouver and there doesn't seem to be much up here...
I did find a small quartzite face that could be bouldered upon, but I do mean small...
There is also a possible cliff down the coast aways...
What would be really cool is if someone around here was to build a small bouldering cave in their basement. (Unfortunately we are in a rental place...). Any takers? (I'm ready and willing to help.) Just think of the gas money it would save not having to drive to Halifax to train...
MarkR

Return to Nova Scotia