maybe a new problem at kidston lake

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

maybe a new problem at kidston lake

Postby ben smith » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:50 pm

hey i did a problem out at kidston on the back of the rockingstone sit start on the right and go left and throw to the top of the left arete. traverses a slopey rail. eager and zig have you guys done this yet? felt about v8 but maybe i'm weak so it could be easier. hit it up yo.
ben smith

Postby Eager » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:28 pm

That's awesome. I did all the moves on that but kept falling on the last move, Nice Send. Not sure about the grade but I'm a lot shorter than you too. I was thinking more 6 maybe 7ish. Did you get on anything else?
Eager

Postby ben smith » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:59 pm

yeah i was sketchy about the grade mostly because it felt as hard as some other 8 s ive done like the flagpole arete, and that 8 out on the scoop but that was mostly because it was really skrunchy and my feet were flailing. also i found that if you grade something an 8 people will go do it and if its a 7 they will blow it off so i wanted some sending at kidston lake and some controversy. haha so its 8 until further notice. get outside you weiners its the best season since i started climbing.
ben smith

Postby Eager » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:06 pm

I'm not saying it's not V8, just that some of the other problems that I established as V8's at Kidston got repeated really quick, so I think they may be a little soft. The only problem other than your's that hasn't seen a second ascent yet is my Dyno on the Boxcar that goes from the nose to the lip out left. Zig tried it, and it took me at least three days of work to send.
Eager

Postby ben smith » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:34 pm

yeah i tried that dyno and its sick. I'm thinking that the new problem isn't 100% v8 but i just want to get people out trying it and getting a consensus which probably won't happen if i call it v7. sort of an incentive... step up here to call ben weak... oh wait you discovered that kidston lake is a rad area how did that happen? ha
ben smith

Postby Scooter » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:50 pm

on the box car boulder.... looking at the lake, on the right face of the boulder is a long crimp traverse with some underclings. bit of a reach to a higher crimp where you match then throw up left to a micro on the slab, then climb straight up slab. Has anyone done this yet? cool line.

Ben- is rest day on the first obvious boulder that you can see from the field?
Scooter

Postby ben smith » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:43 pm

yo scott I tried that line in the winter and got to the slab but I pussed on the throw to the top ,its pretty rad , rest day is on the rocking stone boulder far right of styles of beyond.
ben smith

Postby Eager » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:48 pm

Not sure, where you started? The right face SS on underclings big throw to a good edge, mantle and up slab with the big crystal is called Freeloader. I always thought, traversing L to R and around the corner and up Backscratcher would be a cool proj, or SS to Backscratcher, would be way hard. Or maybe SS freeloader into Backscratcher.
Eager

Postby Eager » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:50 pm

Sprytown boulderfest in tha haouse!
Eager

Postby ben smith » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:15 pm

word biatches haha, the problem scot is talking about is traverse left to right on the front of the boxcar to top out on the right before backscratcher, i think thats what you are also talking about chris, wicked line either way. yo scott the obvious boulder on the left of the foot ball feild has that sick project on it, its nutso.
ben smith

Postby Scooter » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:40 pm

yeah it sarts way left of the face on a series of crimps then climbs into underclings....fire up to a good ledge, then mantle up to the slab witha crystal on it... big move to the top crystal!
sweet line just wondering if it was done... wasn't very clean.
Scooter

Postby Eager » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:36 am

That sound cool, I never thought there was anything worthwhile on that boulder, giver. Have you guys been working that?
Eager

Postby ben smith » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:29 am

yeah i've been working that project a bit, its ridiculous though like v13+ or something, huge moves on really small overhanging crystals and no feet.
ben smith

Kidston Bouldering

Postby peter » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:53 am

Eager wrote:Sprytown boulderfest in tha haouse!

Are you eager to have a some Spry High boy pop a cap in yowr ass?

Do you tag your sends with spray paint, or leave them au naturel?

Watch out for the broken glass, when you come off, dude!

8)
peter

Return to Nova Scotia