Massacre Report

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Massacre Report

Postby seanT » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:27 am

THE VALENTINES DAY MASSACRE RESULTS
On Feb 12th GROUND ZERO CLIMBING GYM hosted the fourth valentines day massacre climbing competition. "The Junkyard Brawl" saw 30 competitors slug it out in a 3 round battle royal. The mens field saw 3 of the regions strongest pullers fighting off dark horse challengers Andy F and Keith S. Last years WBF Champion, Chris Richardson showed his win was no fluke by dominating this year. NB hardman John Bowles climbed strong but came up short and placed a respectable second. Darkhorse Andy Frasier came out of nowhere to round out the top 3. The mens finals problems saw them climbing out a roof on 3/4 inch bannister railing, throwing for the leg of a chair and mantelling into chair. Problem 2 consisted of a big move to a hanging pvc pipe, a no foot hand over hand ascent of the swinging pipe brought you to the finishing jug. Problem 3 was a more conventional affair that saw flashes by all.
The womens field was one of the deepest the East Coast has seen. Several women were poised to take the win and last years Champ Ellen F must have been surprised to find herself behind the newcomer Heather Bray. Womens problem 1 saw the women firing for and matching on a kitchen sink bolted into the wall. Problem 2 involved matching and yarding on a 1 foot length of chain(ouch). Problem 3 saw climbers traverse under and then up through a garbage can bolted to the wall.
All climbers were challenged by these installation art/boulder problems. In the end last years champ Ellen had done enough to move into 1st and succesfully defend her title. Special mention should go to junior climber Kate Trask who found herself in the finals with some of the strongest female climbers on the East Coast.
All in all another succesfull massacre. Big thanks for all who came out and made it worth the hard work involved putting it on. Big thanks to the tour de bloc for some great prizes. Hope to see everyone next year!!!!

MEN
1.CHRIS RICARDSON
2.JOHN BOWLES
3.ANDY FRASIER
4.BEN SMITH
5.KEITH SWYER

6.MIKE KOHLER
7.REUBEN SOLOMON
8.CARLOS WONG
9.TYLER MANZINE
10.COLIN POWERS
11.TIE:DAN BOYCE,
JASON K
12 SEAN PENTZ
13.KRIS MACLELLEN
14.MATT GRANDY
15.TREVOR SCHNELLNIK
DNF PAUL ROCKWELL

WOMEN
1.ELLEN FORHAN
2.TANIA WONG
3.HEATHER BRAY
4.KATE TRASK
5.JACKIE MONAGHAN

6.JENNNIFER PRESCOTT
7.EMILY ROBINSON
8.JENNIFER STEVENS
9.CHERRIE ?
10.TERA ?
seanT

Postby E.Sko » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:24 pm

Man! I wanna see some pictures of that!
sounds like a massive and massively sweet operation.

Elena
Who wants to leave buttprints in the sands of time?
E.Sko

Postby seanT » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:58 am

Thats a lot of massive! Will try to get some pics up on website soon. To bad you were not there Big E you would have loved yarding on the chain.
Hope things are going well for you in the big smoke.
S
seanT

Postby cooper » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:35 am

damn i wish i coulda been there sounds like a blast
-Ryan
cooper

Postby E.Sko » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:09 pm

yeah, do! that sounds painful and cool.

I finally got a membership at this place dt and i've met all these people, like super strong girls and i am so stoked about it. 6 more weeks until the end of all this schoolin stuff!!!

Elena
Who wants to leave buttprints in the sands of time?
E.Sko

Return to Nova Scotia