STONERS!!!!!!!

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

STONERS!!!!!!!

Postby The Mitt » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:59 pm

CALLING ALL STONERS!!!

The founding members of the stoners had a bit of a outing today, looked at some crack at Gibraltar. We believe we sent 2 new lines. On your way to the sumit of Gib follow the first bit of rock before the Look-off. The first line is a finger crack that goes at 5.8 G great line not that sharp. Named Brokeback Crack (after our esteamed leaders rainbow sling). The second is a beautiful 5.7 PG further down called Winston Crackstill (very commiting). Next meeting will be next weekend weather permitting, however I won't be there as I will be in the Bahamas :) More lines are there to be done with lots of cleaning. The bouldering there is ultra sweet.

Mitt
Sorry for the grammer, its very drunk out tonight :)
The Mitt

Postby szymiec » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:23 pm

Shat, i hope its worth it moving to Alberta. Ima STONER!!!!
szymiec

Postby The Mitt » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:09 am

Well now you have to visit, for our meetings.

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby Rich » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:09 am

Hey Stoners,

Did you happen to climb a beautiful right facing corner that starts in small fingers and widens to hands+, or either of two scrubbed lines about 20 feet to the right of this which follow cracks and face? All routes are on the cleanest, steepest section or rock there and are part of the lowermost tier of Gibraltar. I cleaned these lines but haven't climbed them yet.

-rich
Rich

Postby Stevo » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:43 am

Hi Rich,

We saw the corner you describe, it was wet and looked quite hard. Walked further right and saw a clean looking line starting up a flake crack. I led it onsight, about 5.7 with the crux stepping up right off an unstable block up to good holds. It became clear as I climbed up that this had been brushed so I am sorry if I inadvertantly stole your project. Good route! We also cleaned and climbed a crack up a slab on the left side of the crag which is very nice and sustained, about 5.8.

Steve
Stevo

Postby Stevo » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:50 am

If you have any other projects then you might want to let me know so I can put the details up on http://www.novascotiatradclimbing.com

Cheers
Steve
Stevo

Postby Rich » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:02 am

Hey Steve,
Glad you liked the route!

-rich
Rich

Postby The Mitt » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:45 am

Hey Rich so sorry about running up that one line, next line I clean I will give you first crack at it.

Mitt
The Mitt

Return to Nova Scotia