Boulders in Queens county.

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Boulders in Queens county.

Postby The Teth » Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:06 pm

I had heard roomers a couple of years ago about a boulder field in the Kejimkujik Coastal Adjunct. Conan went down to check it out, but did not find them. On Friday Tod Foster told me to look at the photograph on page B7 of the Chronicle Herald. It shows a helicopter dropping water on a forest fire in the Kegimkujik Coastal Adjunct, and sure enough there are boulders scattered through the bottom of the photo which appear to be larger than the helicopter. If anyone it going down that way, the boulders should be easier to see after the forest fire.

Teth
The Teth

Postby tracstarr » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:19 am

tracstarr

Postby The Teth » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:07 pm

That is the photo. Good job! The colour image is way more useful than the black and white image in the printed paper.

I have been trying to match the lake in the photograph to the satellite imagery on Google Earth, but so far no luck. I think the satellite image may be old. Not sure. It would have been more useful if the satellite image had been taken in the fall or early spring. It is hard to identify vegetation patterns when everything is green. If I could identify the lake I would know which direction the photograph was pointing and be able to extrapolate the location of the boulders.

Teth
The Teth

Postby Pierre » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:30 pm

In a book that I have about Keji they show a picture of a granite boulder that looks pretty sweet. I believe it's at Black Point ( Seaside Adjunct )
Pierre

Postby dcentral » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm

I can maybe find out. It may take awhile.
dcentral

Return to Nova Scotia