Attention Vally Climbers.

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Attention Vally Climbers.

Postby Zamboni » Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:18 pm

Looking for an area to boulder not to far from home?

Chris Egear and I were out today checking out some stuff just down the road from Ski Martock. There is potential, at the top of Mount Mosis ( spelling? ) Its all granite with some kewl features, but covered in moss. Call me when you have it cleaned.

Take the road ( I think Hyw #14 ) about 5km past martock, till you see some boulders on the top of the mountain to your right.

Good Luck.

Conan.
Zamboni

Re: Attention Vally Climbers.

Postby rendog » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:24 am

Zamboni wrote:Looking for an area to boulder not to far from home?

Chris Egear and I were out today checking out some stuff just down the road from Ski Martock. There is potential, at the top of Mount Mosis ( spelling? ) Its all granite with some kewl features, but covered in moss. Call me when you have it cleaned.

Take the road ( I think Hyw #14 ) about 5km past martock, till you see some boulders on the top of the mountain to your right.

Good Luck.

Conan.

Thanks man, I'm about 20 miles out of windsor, I'll go check it out one of these days
if you look like your passport photo, then you probably need the vacation
rendog

Postby SeanM » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:41 am

Is this on crown land? What are the access issues? I'll definately check it out after boulderfest.
SeanM

Postby Eager » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:10 pm

There is access across the NS Power Site, I'm sure if you park outside the gate you won't have any problems. As far as other areas to explore there are countless creeks and rivers that run off of South Mountain between Martock and Bridgetown that have "potential" boulders.
Eager

Postby joelh » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:46 am

I've climbed the left leaning hand crack up the middle of the face. It's awesome. And a route up the ledges on the left. There are tons of great boulders scattered around. If you want a bigger face, there is an amazing 25m plus face halfway up the main gorge leading to falls lake. I've cleaned and top roped a couple of lines. Some parts are loose, but great after a good cleaning...

I wish more people climbed down this way. I've slowly picked away at developing areas and mapping them in this end of the valley, but so far there is just very little traffic...nice to have the peace, but hard to keep boulders clean...

Check out Sean's (Annapolis Valley Climbing) website for updates. Times will change...

Joel
joelh

Postby SeanM » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:44 pm

Joel, let me know any time you want some help doing some brushwork on boulders or routes. I'm working 8:30-4:30 mon-fri, but nearly anytime outside that I'm free.
SeanM

Return to Nova Scotia