boulderfest logistics help

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

boulderfest logistics help

Postby alrong » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:12 pm

hey folks, I'm coming up to halifax for a week starting with the bouldefest...

and unfourtunatly i've got a bit of a logistical hurdle to overcome...

over the past year I started taking a new perscription medication
for my arthritis (thank god, something that kinda works) but i must admit
it is a massive pain for the traveling camping climber as it must be
refrigerated (~4c)as it is a sensitive injectable protien, luckily i only
need one dose per week, unfourtunatly I will be in halifax for the full
week, I was wondering if there was someone here could help me out or if some one knew anyone who could help me out, by allowing me to stash my meds in a fridge from the fri before boulderfest till the following thursday
thereabouts, I would hate to miss a dose and I would be thrilled if some
one could give me a hand or at least give me beta as to where i might find
a hand...

Any way it's defintly worth a beer or two or three to me to sort this out, so that my poor lil' digits don't freeze up on me, I would appreciate any help... you can email me at danalroy@hotmail.com or just respond here (i'll try and check it with some frequency)

on slightly different subject I'm super psyched about the b-fest and am going to be around for the whole week (if anyone wants to catch a pint or have a sess. or somethin or even have any live music suggestions), we got a lil' new england crew coming up and man after last year... i'm already drooling in anticipation... thanks to any one who helped set this up and for all the great peeps who made it such a rad scene last year thanks Dan
alrong

Postby Zamboni » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:26 pm

Worse case you can stash your stash in the ocean.. That would keep it cold.

For live music, check this page out.

http://thecoast.ca/117608.112113Body.la ... acking=124

If your into Blues/Jazz Funk, The Mellotones play every Thursday night at stage nine. Great live show, lots of hot chicks, just make sure you bring your HOT PANTS!
Zamboni

Postby alrong » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:16 pm

Zamboni wrote:Worse case you can stash your stash in the ocean.. That would keep it cold.

For live music, check this page out.

http://thecoast.ca/117608.112113Body.la ... acking=124

If your into Blues/Jazz Funk, The Mellotones play every Thursday night at stage nine. Great live show, lots of hot chicks, just make sure you bring your HOT PANTS!

haha... at 250 bucks a pop... the i'd rather not, eh :P (thank god i'm insured cause i couldn't pay for them myself otherwise

is stage nine that martini bar with an upstairs lounge next to the outdoor sports place... i saw a brilliant jazz funk show there last year on a sunday, and yes lots of hot chicks were definetly there... cool i'll be sure t o check it
alrong

Postby Zamboni » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:45 pm

Zamboni

Postby martha » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:53 pm

I am sure that if you stopped at a local clinic or drugstore they might be able to keep your medication for you if you explain your situation. That is if no one else steps up.

i'd love to help, but my fridge is in Fredericton! of little use to you!

Cara
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby ben smith » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:34 pm

yo dan- I can help out give me a call at 441-1648 when you are in town

or pm me or whatever- boulderfest is going to be rad
ben smith

Postby jnnfr » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:50 pm

Yeah, we have fridge space as well! PM or email photojen56(at)yahoo(dot)ca
jnnfr

Postby alrong » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:01 pm

cool, some one just hooked me up, thanks everyone for voulenteering... i'm so psyched to see all you folks again... so whats the deal with the weather though...

i just checked and it said rain for the next 10 days.... seems terrible or is it just my gov. propaganda trying to keep my tourist dollars here in the states???
alrong

Postby jnnfr » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:04 pm

The forecast for this weekend has changed 3 times today. Don't count on anything until it happens!
jnnfr

Postby alrong » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:12 pm

fair enough... though the link above for the weather was a hell of a lot bettor than the US one lol...

but worst comes to worst that granite brewery or whatever had some lovely lovely pints last time i checked.... so psyched see you all there d
alrong

Postby The Teth » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:58 am

Boulderfest has been held three times on Saturdays with 60% chance of showers. So far the rain has always held off until after supper. Don’t trust the weather reports. Besides the rock drys out fast. One year it pored Saturday night, but the rock was dry by 10:00 Sunday morning.

Teth
The Teth

Return to Nova Scotia