Boulderfest Beer

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Postby Ian_the_Barbarian » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:53 am

frig, I wish I remembered things all at once so that I don't have to spam this thread with 100000 messages.

Ok, I'll vouch for Robert that he'll pitch in 20 as well (he's traveling with jeff and me)
le barbarien
Ian_the_Barbarian

Postby martha » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:00 am

Hi all,

We've got a KEG!!! a 30L one for Ian cause he will be the one doing the Keg stands at the end of the night.

We got a SWEET deal from GARRISON BREWERY in halifax on their Irish Red beer. :) yum!

80$ is the total,

Lets divy it up like this..

Cara -20$
David Blanchard - 10$
Alrong and crew-20$
Ian-15$
J.Hung - 15$

does that work for everyone? if we get more people to chip in.. .the price will go down!!

a BIG THANKS to Conan for picking up and delivering this puppy!!!
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Ian_the_Barbarian » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:06 am

holy crap that's cheap. They are 120 from pumphouse. Sounds good to me. Good job on the 30L.
le barbarien
Ian_the_Barbarian

Postby martha » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:13 am

It is all who you know and who you.. uh... get deals from!

Todd Foster set this discount up.

Hummer might have to do some work for this one. ;)

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby alrong » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:27 pm

granite brewery granite brewery!!!!... hey is this place still around as I might hit it up tomorow night, (got to train my gullet too ya know)...d
alrong

Postby alrong » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:07 pm

hey if its so cheap lets get another :twisted:
alrong

Postby dquinn » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:01 pm

alrong wrote:hey if its so cheap lets get another :twisted:

That might be a good idea - 30L won't last long with 70 soaking wet climbers. Specifically, it works out to 1.3 beer / climber. That should last about 20 minutes...

Now if we went with my plan we could get 4 kegs for $5/person and everybody could have 5 drinks. Not everybody wants five drinks, and not everybody wants to pay $5. The point is we would get all the beer we could drink for damn cheap. It's not about free loading at all as you suggest. As it stands, even if only half of the climbers on the island want a beer, you will each get two. For those who threw down $20 those will be awfully expensive drinks.

I would like to see more kegs and more beer because the weather looks like ass. I could still have fun at keg party with 70 people in attendance.
dquinn

Postby stacy » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:26 pm

Its not gonna rain,
and Ill bring a bottle of wine.. and instruct others to follow suit

Stacy --the optimist :wink:
stacy

Postby cooper » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:07 pm

i'll toss in watever towards the fund
-ryan
cooper

Postby martha » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:36 pm

in the past 5 years, the keg has only been emptied once before midnight and that was a rainy rainy night. The other years there was beer left for breakfast. We don't need more than 1 keg.

If you are scared we will run out... then bring some extra. just in case.

plus, if the weather is ass... a lot of people are likely going to bail. soo many pansies out there!

martha

Postby dquinn » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:03 pm

haha, sounds good - we'll roll with that. Our different opinions come from different expectations. Ya'll rock climbers are a bunch of pansies. I've emptied 2 and a half kegs with significantly fewer people on more than one ocassion. Every keg party I've been to ended with a panic as everyone scrambles for the last drop of beer. I've never been to a kegger with less than two kegs or more than 40 people and I've never seen the beer hold out. Hell, I did the math in my last post - half the people would only need to have 2 and a half drinks and she'd be dry. If you say she'll hold - I'll take your word for it. Giddy up.
dquinn

Postby dquinn » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:05 pm

Of course we are on dover to climb, not to drink, but if that keg holds out - shame on us all.
dquinn

Postby Zamboni » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:13 am

No...

Just shame on you for drinking more than your "Share"
Zamboni

Postby The Teth » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:28 am

I was once given the sad task of draining the last of the keg into the sand once all the nalgene bottles were filled up so that the Keg would be lighter for tired climbers to carry back to the boat. Shame, Shame. I have only seen the Keg emptied twice, and only once before midnight (about 11:30 I think it was). I suppose we will need a barbarian or two to avoid such horrible wastage.

Now that the Keg is a sure thing, I am sure I can chip in $5. I am not likely to have more than two beer at most.

Oh, and before I forget... I do not think the Granite Brewery does Kegs, but Garrison Red is the Bomb! It is an excellent local brew! Definitely a better beer than those pail beers we have had at boulderfest in the past. Also, the Granite Brewery restaurant is now called the Henry House. I think it is still the same beer though.

Teth
The Teth

Postby martha » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:02 am

Yes, it is the Garrison brewery that the keg is from... I even typed that in caps... how did it get confused? :)

Now Dquinn..... us 'rock climbers' aren't a bunch of pansies.. but a little older and a little wiser perhaps... We've spent a sunday morning at bouldefest hung over... We are not into that anymore... plus I have a little one to feed. At least that is my excuse! ;)

But I am going to leave it in your and Ian the Barbarians hands to make sure that keg gets drank!

martha

Postby dquinn » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:02 pm

Zamboni wrote:No...

You mean the 1.3 beers we are entitled to?
dquinn

Postby Zamboni » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:16 pm

Keg has been picked up! Tap included. And to make sure this fine brew is good prior to transportation. I've tested, and re-tested it, were good to go.

On a side note, are we having a NO Breast-feeding in public policy?

:shock:

Conan.
Zamboni

Postby johnthegreat » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:55 pm

dquinn wrote:
Zamboni wrote:No...

You mean the 1.3 beers we are entitled to?

You know what im just going to come out and say this.

Or the 5 nalgene bottles Ben smith is intitled to! :P :P
Climbinb WILL ruin your life!!! :)
johnthegreat

Postby martha » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:46 pm

Zamboni wrote:On a side note, are we having a NO Breast-feeding in public policy?

Conan.

You must be kidding me right?

Do you eat in Public? If I was feeding my child with a bottle would you mind? Do cats, dogs, cows, horses and other animals nurse their young in public? And isn't it just 'sooooooooo cuuuuttteee' to see little kittens or puppies feeding on their momma?

Breast feeding is natural, healthy and the best way to nurture a child. The world health organization encourages all mothers to breast feed their child for 6 months exclusively. It helps children fight off illness, obesity, diabetes and it can increase their IQ, their social skills and bonding abilities.
If you would like more information on this wonderful gift that all women can give their child, please check out http://www.lalecheleague.org

If you are uncomfortable should you be near when I feed my child, then I guess you'll have to leave.

Great work on getting the keg sorted!! Yippeeee!!!!!!

Cara

martha

Postby dquinn » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:33 pm

martha wrote:
Zamboni wrote:On a side note, are we having a NO Breast-feeding in public policy?

Conan.

You must be kidding me right?

Do you eat in Public? If I was feeding my child with a bottle would you mind? Do cats, dogs, cows, horses and other animals nurse their young in public? And isn't it just 'sooooooooo cuuuuttteee' to see little kittens or puppies feeding on their momma?

Breast feeding is natural, healthy and the best way to nurture a child. The world health organization encourages all mothers to breast feed their child for 6 months exclusively. It helps children fight off illness, obesity, diabetes and it can increase their IQ, their social skills and bonding abilities.
If you would like more information on this wonderful gift that all women can give their child, please check out http://www.lalecheleague.org

If you are uncomfortable should you be near when I feed my child, then I guess you'll have to leave.

Great work on getting the keg sorted!! Yippeeee!!!!!!

Cara

Additional benefits for baby:

Necrotizing enterocolitis is 6 to 10 times more common in bottle fed babies. Breast feeding may decrease allergies and asthma. Children who received any milk other than mothers milk were 25% more likely to be diagnosed with allergies. Breast feeding has been shown to cut the risk of atopic eczema in half.

Benefits for mom:

Breastfeeding leads to less postpartum bleeding and less menstrual blood loss over the months after delivery. Lactating woman may also have an earlier return to pre-pregnancy weight. Breastfeeding may offer protection for some women against breast cancer and possibly ovarian cancer. Breast feeding is also significantly less expensive.

While there are many arguments in favour of breast feeding, the real question we should be asking our selves is this: Why is Conan so disturbed by the potential sight of a woman’s breast?
dquinn

Postby ben smith » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:47 pm

hey in my defense I sent the cns board an email saying that i would throw in a 10 for the keg- thought I posted it here to but perhaps not. Any way stoked for boulderfest tommorow and If you have a tarp bring it as I am going to try and cover some of the classics so we can climb saturday
ben smith

Postby Zamboni » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:26 pm

Sounds like somebody read the glass as being half-empty. If you want to whip those feedbags out, by all means G'ver.. You won't be offending me.

Just be careful, I'm not the only one on the Island with a camera!

CB!

:twisted:
Zamboni

Postby Zamboni » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:49 pm

Feedbags.... lol..

THis should be the word of the day!

Zamboni

Postby Zamboni » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:51 pm

Oh man.. this is too funny..

How does this sound!

Boulderfest 2006, "Bring your Feedbags"!

CB

:lol:
Zamboni

Postby johnthegreat » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:51 pm

Yo ben man im just kidding you know i mean well. Anyway have fun this weekend guys wish I could be out there with you!
johnthegreat

Postby ben smith » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:55 pm

yo no worries john- I heard that you are send ing strong out in calgary- 5.11 flash on lead, pretyy badass yo! see you when you get back
ben smith

Postby johnthegreat » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:39 pm

hahaha thanks man, yeah the rockies are treating me pretty good right now, but I can't wait to get back to were the hardcore bouldering is at!
johnthegreat

Postby martha » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:57 pm

Well, boulderfest was a success despite the rain... and the Keg did get emptied all to early.. even without the famous drinking man DQuinn.

zamboni.... I am a little offended that you didn't accept the drink I prepared for you. Doesn't everyone like milk with their breakfast?

HA.

martha

Postby Fred » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:57 pm

uh... the keg you bought wasn't near the size of previous years
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby dquinn » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:20 pm

martha wrote:Well, boulderfest was a success despite the rain... and the Keg did get emptied all to early.. even without the famous drinking man DQuinn.

zamboni.... I am a little offended that you didn't accept the drink I prepared for you. Doesn't everyone like milk with their breakfast?

HA.

And that's without over half of the participants. I hate to say I told you so... aww what am I talking about, I love rubbing it in. Suckers... you should have put my non-refundable $40 towards a second keg.

I went for a nice dry climb at ground zero and then drank 2.5 L of beer at a dry house party before passing out in my warm, dry bed.
dquinn

PreviousNext

Return to Nova Scotia