Dover Island Labour Day weekend

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Dover Island Labour Day weekend

Postby derekt » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:52 pm

Hi,

I'll be in Halifax over Labour Day weekend and I'm arriving Thursday night before the rest of my group shows up. They're not into climbing, so I'll only have Friday and maybe Saturday to climb. I've never been to NS, but I'm keen to get shredded.

I'll probably stay overnight on the island on Friday and go back to Halifax Saturday AM to pick my friends up at the airport. Is anyone interested in sharing a boat ride or helping a NS first-timer with some beta on the bouldering? I've already got a copy of the guide.

Derek
derekt

Postby Zamboni » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:03 am

You'll want to talk to the resident Hermit of Nova Scotia climbing. Ben's been sleeping under crags and boulders since last Tuesday. He’s still on Dover Island right now, but should be heading home for a shower SOON! He'll guide you for food and beer as payment.

Ben, PM this dude when you get back.

CB.
Zamboni

Postby Scooter » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:25 pm

ill be on dover from the 31st of aug to the 4th of sept
i'd be happy to show you around
Scooter

Postby derekt » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:37 pm

Scooter,

Thanks! I'll be on Dover on Sept 1st, as early as possible. Anyone have a guess as too how long it'll take me to get from Dover to the airport on Saturday?
derekt

Postby dcentral » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:22 pm

Probably about an hour, hour and 15. I grew up about 15 minutes away from the airport. It's about 25-30 minutes into the city, then another 25 or so from the highway.
dcentral

Return to Nova Scotia