Eagles Nest?

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Eagles Nest?

Postby seanT » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:43 pm

When is CNS going to finish the retro fit @ Eagles Nest? There have been several climbers into Ground Zero visiting from away who went there to climb because they only had a afternoon to climb and it is the most convinient crag. All were disapointed at the state of the crag..garbage...no bolts.... etc...sad state of affairs at the Nest right now. Doesnt CNS have a bunch of bolts kicking round they can throw in for anchors at least? There is more than just bouldering in Nova Scotia and its time CNS did more for the crags and the real climbers. Climbing=harness and rope
Bouldering =training for climbing
Climb Nova Scotia? Perhaps Boulder Nova Scotia is more appropriate?
This post may seem harsh but well it is reality right now and ive drank almost a full bottle of wine!
yippee zipper heads unite!!
Sean
seanT

Postby The Mitt » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:53 am

If someone is willing to do the leg work and get permission from the city I will volunteer to retro bolt the crag. At the same time we could have a clean up day like we used to do. Anyone willing to liase with the city? (with CNS permission of course)

Anyone, beuller.....beuller....

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby tracstarr » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:58 am

yeah, tis true, i have partially dropped the ball on replacing the bolts. We cleaned off all the old mankey bolts early in the summer so that no one would get hurt using them... they were in REALLY BAD SHAPE. I felt that was most important. I'd rather have people show up and set natural anchors where necessary rather than see them try and use old mankey bolts. Anyway, we had started to re-bolt when the bit we got sucked. couldn't do more than one bolt. Since then I haven't been able to get out myself. It was suposidly put in the hands of someone else... who hasn't gone either. When i get back from Germany i'll looking into getting out myself again if it's not done by then.
tracstarr

Postby Zamboni » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:02 am

CNS does not have permission to bolt at Eagles Nest. It will have to be done by a bolting ninja. Or somebody who can sniper bolt. At no time can any CNS personal, or anybody representing CNS go in and bolt with out the city's permission.

CB.
Zamboni

Postby seanT » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:14 am

HHmmmmmmm do we know any stealth bolting ninjas??????
seanT

Postby kate » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:32 pm

I've heard from a reliable source that CB and BS are good at bolting on lead...
kate

Postby ben smith » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:23 pm

Cns chopped, er.... pulled out by hand, the bolts at eagle nest because they were mank- If you were recommending people climb on those bolts sean I'm stoked we pulled them before anyone decked- keith and conan were pulling them out by hand. I've got the drill if anyone wants to do a stealth mission- I've just been busy with work and climbing since I got it- sean you've got my number if you are stoked- It's just hard to get psyched to bike to bedford to do a day of bolting when its nice and i'd rather bike to a day of climbing, lazy I guess- maybe I'll go out at night or something. If there is any interest in doing a clean up at eagles nest talk to me and I'll set a date and go out- again I'm not psyched to do another long cleanup by myself- especially at eagles nest where its going to get trashed again super quick and there isn't a ton of interest in climbing there anyway- as far as I know (if I'm wrong here somebody correct me).

Also- bouldering is a priority at cns because most of the board primarily boulder- If rope climbers don't like this then its time to step up and get involved- come to the AGM, sign up as members, get on the board and volunteer. There is only so much a 10 person board can do without volunteer assistance. I would love to organize a route developement day some where, or a cleanup at a crag instead of the LOC- I climb trad as well as boulder and know how vegetated some lines are but first I want to know that people are giong to show up- if not I'm going to put my effort into other areas.

Sean, if you've got some free time ( I know you're probably super busy with pre-baby stuff) give me a call about eagles nest- If my phone isn't working I might be down in the gym or climbing- you can leave a message at 852-2415.
ben smith

Postby Scooter » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:01 pm

I'm down for a clean-up/ bolting sesh, and im sure lots of others are
It would be a good idea if CNS could set a date... say end sept/ mid oct for a clean up day? give plenty of heads up and get a tentative list going of who's gonna go. Rides may be an issue, how about CNS rent a van for a day? can't be more than 60$?? Lets take a sunday out of our lives and do this flowers yo!
Scooter

Postby The Mitt » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:46 pm

If I'm in town I will take an SUV load of people from a central location in town to Eagles Nest. Glad to hear someone removed those bolts, cause they looked bad about 5 years ago.

Mitt
The Mitt

Return to Nova Scotia