..and in other news

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

..and in other news

Postby mike » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:01 pm

Ummm, havn't been climbing too much rock lately. Have been climbing Nigerian Oil Platforms.

Been hanging out on various Nigerian beaches with my beautiful Fiance. I will be climbing again soon- mostly oil platforms I suspect.

I am anxious to hear that surrendering bleat of Nova Scotia ice I love so much- should be in Canada around December or so. We might wanna organize a tribal ice dance.

I'll be hanging up my single shoes on October 7/2006, Alpha Beach, Lagos, Nigeria. You are all, of course, invited. All you'll need is a healthy dose of yellow fever and a lesson in Pigeon english.

Annabel has the right body design to be a supurb climber.... if I could only get her past the, typically Nigerian, fear of the ocean... perhaps I will be able to get her into the vertical world we all crave so much.

Jeronimo!!!!!
Mike
mike

Postby The Mitt » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:00 pm

Wow dude the allmighty Mike will be tieing the knot? Say it ain't so. Hearing ice forming in hell.

Congrats.

Mitt
The Mitt

Tying the Knot

Postby peter » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:57 am

Mike knows that if he gets married, Hell freezes over, so he will having something to keep him occupied for eternity ...
peter

Postby Eager » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:56 pm

Duuuuuuuuude, heard that through the grapevine, right on. Oh and well put Peter:)
Eager

Postby The Mitt » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:43 pm

So when do we get to meet the Mike tamer :)

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby mike » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:10 am

Mitt, not sure- Canada is on the backburner due to work right now. I was planning on being back at work shortly after the wedding but there may be a snag in that plan. If the snag works itself out then probably around December... if the snag remains tangly... mid Octoberish.

Eager- I pass the torch of deflowerment into your able hands. Run wild and free in you persuit of the many exotic fruits this wonderful world has to offer

Mike
exotic fruits :wink:
mike

Postby mike » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:20 am

ps- where's the video, dood? still waiting to see our work.
mike

Postby The Teth » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:40 am

Congratulations Mike! But one question....you are marrying a Nigerian who is afraid of the ocean....how is she going to adjust to ice climbing on the Bay of Fundy in a cold Canadian winter while worrying about the highest tides in the world coming in and trapping her against the cliffs?

You might want to work up to that one. Or maybe it is best to get her used to it while her love for you is still fresh.

Teth
The Teth

Postby mike » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:42 am

Good solid question Teth,

Answer- Don't know.

We were sitting in a beach hut type bar last night. We were there at high tide. One particulary big wave washed up on the beach and flowed through the hut at a depth of about 4" deep.

Annabel immediatly wanted to leave. She started telling me that this is how tsunani's start. I laughed and laughed. As it turned out though... I was the only one laughing... everyone on the beach was now paranoid of the evil nighttime water. Afraid that the ocean would call out to them and take them to the mermaids. (REALLY)

Apparently mermaids carry people to their world under the sea. Most mermaids/mermen are bad and won't ever let you return. Some however are very kind and bring you back to the beach with you pockets full of diamonds.

I love it!!! How wonderfully exotic!!
Mike
mike

Return to Nova Scotia