Visiting NS around thanksgiving, husband wants to climb

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Visiting NS around thanksgiving, husband wants to climb

Postby granite_grrl » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:33 pm

As a service for for my hubby I will see if any one wants to go out climbing with my husband Nathan next week. October 4th or 5th would probly be the best days, we'll be spending the weekend up in Cape Breton. I would love to go out climb with him but I'm still on crutches, but it would be nice if he'd be able to get out. We'll be staying at my parent's out in Brookside (by Hatchet Lake and Whites Lake), and he could probobly bring a rack and rope with.

Rebecca
granite_grrl

Postby Nate » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:58 pm

I'd be up for some rope climbing. Did he have a place in mind?

Nathan
Nate

Postby The Mitt » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:22 pm

No need for him to bring a rack or a rope if I can't go out with him he can drop by my place and help himself to my gear.

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby The Mitt » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:22 pm

How are ya doing these days?

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby Nate » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:50 pm

ops, did really think about the dates when I was typing. I'll be in school till 3:30 but, I could meet you at Sorrows or Brookside around 4 if you don't find a better offer. My skills are probably weak in comparison by the sounds of the places you guys have been climbing but I can probably provide a good second :)

Nate
Nate

Postby granite_grrl » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:46 pm

Thanks Nate, I'll pass that along to my husband. Figured mis week climbing would me a little tricky, but would try to throw that out anyway.

Sean, I'm doing as good as can be expected, maybe better! I should be allowes to weight bear on my right leg early next week, but I think it'll take a while before I can really walk again, esp any distance. But things are all healing well, just getting anxious to be a little more active again.
granite_grrl

!

Postby martha » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:25 am

Rebecca, you don't know how thrilled we all are to know how incredibly well you are doing. I'm so glad that the climbing gods are taking good care of you! ;)

hey, at least you have a great excuse to sit and enjoy your mama's cooking at Thanksgiving! I've been on a climbing trip for TG every year now for a long time and canned turkey just doesn't cut it! hehe.

When do you land in NS? how long are you home for? We are in Halifax on the 14th for a wedding and would love to see you if you are still around.

Cheers!
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby granite_grrl » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:30 am

We'll be there from the 3rd to the 11th, and be in Cape Breaton for the long weekend. I haven't been skipping Thanksgiving for too long with climbing trips, so I think I'll miss it this year.....but I think i have a lot to be thankful for!

Rebecca
granite_grrl

Return to Nova Scotia