CNS Newsletter, 2006, accepting submissions

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

CNS Newsletter, 2006, accepting submissions

Postby The Teth » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:07 am

I have decided to put together an issue of the CNS Newsletter, since we have not done one in so long. (This is a one time thing though. Someone else will have to do the next one.) If you have a trip report or any other climbing related submissions, send them to me at tethc at yahoo.com, or PM me.

If someone could write a tripe repot for this Saturday’s route cleaning, that would be great. If someone could send me photos after, that would help too. It is not a CNS event, but will be of great interest to climbers.

I will be including new route descriptions from the last 12 months (swiped from this forum). I also have some stuff I have written which has not been posted here. It would be good to have some stories from other climbers about staff that they have experienced in the last year.

Anyway, I just thought that people might like to get a newsletter, so I thought I would put some effort into it. If you have something to submit, send it as soon as possible, as I will likely send it to print as soon as I have it done, which could be late next week, or a month from now, depending on how long it take and how much time I have. (Probably sooner than later.) I will post here to give 24 hours notice before I finalize it and send it to print.

Teth
The Teth

Postby The Teth » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:36 pm

Ok, so I said I would give 24 hours notice before sending it to the presses. OH well, me bad. I just sent the newsletter to Sport Nova Scotia for printing and distribution. It is ten pages long with mostly new content. The route descriptions have all been posted here, but this puts a year’s worth all in one place. I also posted NSBL results, but other than those two sections, it is mostly stuff you probably have not seen before. I wrote 60% of it myself, so I hope you all like my writing.

Teth
The Teth

Postby Fred » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:41 pm

I hope you used spell check!!!!
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby The Teth » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:14 am

I always use Spellcheck. It has lead to some of my funniest posts. I was sorting my email today and ran across this email I had sent to someone regarding one of my classics from the old discussion board.

>Subject: Dam Computers are getting uppity
>Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 04:38:19 -0800 (PST)
>
>I am sure some of you have noticed my computer's comic
>wit in my last email. I am afraid I can not take
>credit for it, despite the critical acclaim it has
>received. With the introduction of spell check
>software the nonsense words have been eliminated from
>documents everywhere, only to be replaced by
>outlandish alliteration as dyslexics pick the wrong
>word from the spell check lists.
>
>So, although a day of cranking is bound to have
>drastic effects on your fingernails, I did not
>actually intend to reefer to the upcoming event as the
>"Valentines Day Manicure".
>
>The Teth

Then of course there was my post about the Trad Climber’s Assassination paying for a Keg for Boulderfest 2004.

But if you mean to ask if I got it copyedited, yes, I got my wife to read over it. I added the part about Pete and Mike at the last minute, so it was not proofread, but the rest of it should be fairly good.

Teth
The Teth

Postby martha » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:31 am

The Teth wrote:>
>So, although a day of cranking is bound to have
>drastic effects on your fingernails, I did not
>actually intend to reefer to the upcoming event as the
>"Valentines Day Manicure".
>
>The Teth

Then of course there was my post about the Trad Climber’s Assassination paying for a Keg for Boulderfest 2004.

Teth

HAHAHA that is some funny flower.

Fred always spells 'Lady' ... 'Laddy'... so you can imagine what is thought when he is talking about the fine legs on the laddy climbing at the gym....

errr..

hahaha.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Return to Nova Scotia