January 23, 2005 Ice day

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

January 23, 2005 Ice day

Postby bradw » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:17 pm

I was out a few yers ago with CNS ice Days for a couple of Sundays. I am interested in heading out again this year.
Just wondering if there are any plans in the works yet for this coming weekend.
Any and all info is greatly appreciated.

Also, I have all of my own equipment so that is not an issue. Hope to hear back soon.

Brad
bradw

Sunday Jan. 23/05 - CNS Ice Day

Postby Peter » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:25 am

Hey Brad. I do recall you, and we saw each other at the gym this fall. I am organizing the Ice Days again this year. We got out last Sunday for the first one.

I don't know about tomorrow. I am inclined to call it off, but will wait and see if anyone wants to get out for some "all on" conditions. If Deep Cove is in (I haven't been there since Dec. 26/04), it may be a good location.

I will probably try to round up some climbers, regardless of weather conditions, but I am worried about putting too many cars on the road for a CNS event. I was out to Baxter's Harbour yesterday, and even in clear conditions (sunny), the blowing snow and black ice was a challenge at times.

Kentville forecast for tomorrow: Sunday .. Snow at times heavy and blowing snow. Amount 20 to 30 cm. Wind northeast 30 km/h gusting to 50 increasing to 60 gusting to 90 in the morning. High minus 7. Cold wind chill minus 31. As well, high tide is at 10:45 a.m., so it would be the smaller, closer ice.

I am inclinded to scratch any official event, but will watch for other posts today, from other interested persons.

Where are you living? You were up Truro or New Glasgow way before, weren't you?

Give me a call later today, if you see this, at 456-4324. You can also email me at mcmac@hfx.eastlink.ca, but I can't always get computer time (teenage daughters).

Peter
Peter

Return to Nova Scotia