Parking in the wiinter

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Parking in the wiinter

Postby ben smith » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:38 am

so I'm living in my car for a while to save a little money and climb more as some people probably already know- its pretty rad but this whole winter parking ban deal has me a little worried. I though I would post this to see if anyone around the city has a spare parking lot or a space at the end of their driveway or something where I could park for a couple hours at night and catch some sleep. A couple people have offered me a spot and I'm super grateful for this but I don't want to depend on one or two peoples hospitality too much so it would be nice to have 3 or 4 spots to sort of cycle through. And I don't want to crash on your couch or anything and I won't wake you up at 3 in the morning to take a piss or any of that flowers.

Thanks,
Ben
ben smith

Postby joysquirts » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:46 am

dude what are you doing here you were born to be a climber bumm GO TO THE TANKS, = TEXAS NEEDS YOU, weather is probly getting perfect down there right now!! you could be back for school in a month you crazy @Ss hole!
ADAM BENJAMIN
joysquirts

Postby martha » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:02 am

Yo man,

Walmart allows RV's to camp.... and you are 'car camping'. I say do it. :)
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby dcentral » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:19 am

Does walmart canada still let you do that cause I think they banned it in the states.
dcentral

Postby stacy » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:52 am

Ben. your funny
i hate to say it.. but dont your folks live in Halifax? you could save money by living with them no? there is no shame in living at home while in University.

sorry to be so practical. car camping should be reserved for the summmer months or road trips. brrrr...
stacy

Postby granite_grrl » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:43 pm

Why do you have to stick around Halifax right now? If its for some minimum wage job so you can save your money to get on the road you might be able to find some work under the table.

At the start of the Prospect Rd (Hwy 333) there's a car pool parking lot. I've seen cars there at all hours, and I'm pretty sure that some of those cars are left over night. Might be worth checking out if you can't find anything else.
granite_grrl

Postby ben smith » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:01 pm

sticking around halifax for school and to because there is still alot of good bouldering around that I haven't done yet- I know the car pool but had forgotten about it- thanks for the reminder. I could live at home but thats kind of schisty- I like the car better and it means that I can get more work done at school because I'm around campus for 18 hours a day or something retarded like that. plus its expensive to drive back and forth to prospect every day. Oh yeah- down is pretty much amazing- thats my beta for the whole winter car camping thing.
ben smith

Postby Nate » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:45 pm

The dude eats all the food when he comes home, don't go suggesting he do it more often... :lol:

Nate
Nate

Return to Nova Scotia