DVD now ready

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

DVD now ready

Postby tracstarr » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:19 am

Well, if you've been waiting or not I now have my first DVD release ready to go. It's nothing too fancy...lable includes my own handwriting in black marker. It's a super high quality video of 11 of the videos you can find on the web site and 1 that you can't. There has been some minor re-editing and music changes. It also includes sub-titles of the area, problem name, rating and climber. It's divided into 12 chapters and has a chapter selection menu. If you're interested in a copy check out http://www.tracstarr.com and see the menu on the right. I can take paypal payments (make sure to include your address or a comment stating you'd rather meet me somewhere to get the copy). I will also take cash in person.

They are only DVDs made on my machine using high quality dvds. I have tested copies on about 6 different dvd players from sony to no-named to ones 10 years old and even ps2. So far they work on all machines, but i can't guarentee they will work on every machine. If i find one it doesn't work on or if someone else does... let me know and i'll post up the model number.

in any case, i'm only asking $12 a copy for my time and hopefully your enjoyment, and that you don't make copies and hand them out freely.

thanks.
tracstarr

new dvd

Postby shannon » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:42 pm

I'll be at the banff film festival tomorrow (tuesday night) at the Dal S.U.B. at the trailpeak.com booth. Bring a CD, and I will purchase it from you.

shannon Burt
trailpeak.com
shannon

Postby tracstarr » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:56 pm

cool, what time will you be there?
tracstarr

dvd

Postby shannon » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:21 pm

I'll be there frfom when the doors open, right until the end. I'm maning a booth there. 6:30 til when ever I guess.

shannon
shannon

Postby tracstarr » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:34 am

Hey Shannon,

I might not be able to make it by there tonight, I've had something come up last night. If i can i'll be there, either right when the doors open or super late. If I can't get there tonight we'll get something else worked out.
tracstarr

a shame to miss the festival...

Postby shannon » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:50 am

Hope to see you there. Otherwise, we'll see what can be arranged.

shannon
shannon

Postby tracstarr » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:24 pm

i've uped the anti on this one... you are now getting the dvd in a standard dvd case with a custom cover... the dvd now also has a nice color graphic on it. I'm using dvd-r media specifically designed for video. -R media plays on over 90% of all dvd players where as +r is around 82% i think.

anyone who already has a copy I would greatly appreciate a 2-5 line review (good or bad, bad being constructive critisim please) that i can post on my website. just PM me with any.

thanks.
tracstarr
tracstarr

dvd

Postby shanem » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:04 am

Any way I could get my hands on a dvd today or tomorrow? I could meet you somewhere, give me a call : 455-8303 or 452-4420 Shane.
shanem

Postby tracstarr » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:11 am

i'll give you a shout after lunch.
tracstarr

watched the dvd

Postby shane » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:37 am

Hey Kieth, I watched the dvd this weekend, it was pretty sweet, I feel like I ripped you off only paying $12 for it! Shane.
shane

Postby tracstarr » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:50 am

sweet, glad to hear it. :)
tracstarr

DVD

Postby shannon » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:38 pm

Well, still trying to figure out how to get a copy. I could send my dad the cash, and you could relay it to him. He's in Bedford just off the hammonds plane road.

shannon

Would that work? (with more details of course!)
shannon

Return to Nova Scotia