This sunday

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

This sunday

Postby climberwannabe » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:11 am

Hey guys... I would have just 'replied' to the other post on ice climbing this weekend, but my computer at work wont allow for it... anyways. I dont think its all that far from where I live to Halls Harbour, if you (Peter) would like me to run out and take a look at the ice on Friday or Saturday I should be able to. It beats you guys driving 1.5 hrs from Halifax to find out its flowery. If you want me too, just leave some directions on where to go once I get to Halls Harbour.

I should change my name from climberwannabe to anxiousclimberwannabe!!
Mother nature: 1, climberwannabe: 0
climberwannabe

This Sunday

Postby peter » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:46 am

I think the ice will hold. Only go if there is not enough snow to bike jump from your roof, and you need something to do.

If you ever want to check out the ice at Hall's Harbour, take the Kentville exit from the main hightway that also says "Hall's Harbour" (13? or 12?, I can never remember), drive through Kentville and out the northwest side, following the highway straight to Hall's Harbour. Viewing the ice close up is entirely tide dependent. Check the tide link above, using the "Baxter's Harbour" prediction.

There will be ice, as the temperature estimates have dropped about five degrees for the end of the week, from what it was on Sunday.
peter

Postby Fred » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:47 am

Nice to see the features being used on this forum. :) I think the weather links have all changed. I'll have to get around to updating those.

Have fun on the ice this weekend.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Return to Nova Scotia