Different Plan - CNS Ice Climbing Sunday Feb. 13/05

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Different Plan - CNS Ice Climbing Sunday Feb. 13/05

Postby peter » Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:02 am

Okay, sounds like there are too many people that can't manage a big day on Sunday, with lots of driving, probably including this old man, if I listened to my body. I also know four climbers that have come out before that can't make it anywhere tomorrow, so it may be a smaller group.

I suggest that we go to some small, inland ice, either Truro (which is very accessible) or Gilbraltar Rock in Musquodoboit (a short, uphill hike). Both are small ice flows, perhaps 10 metres, and will certainly seem small in comparison with what we have done at Hall's Harbour and Deep Cove. Both typically have enough for 6-8 people to thrash over a few hours. Truro also maintains cooler temps than Halifax, including this week.

Are folks interested? These are excellent areas for people that have never ice climbed before (not at all intimidating, but you still have to get the basics down if you are going to leave the ground). If you have thought about coming out but have put it off due to the distance/time commitment, or know anyone in that situation, come on out.

We can meet at Steve O Reno's at 8:00, and see what our numbers are and what interests people. If you can't make it there or prefer to make other plans, just call me on my cellular at 456-4324.

Peter
peter

Ice Climbing - Sunday Feb. 13/05

Postby peter » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:26 pm

We had five climbers and three spectators, the spectators totalling eight legs among them, a decent number of Gilbraltar.

A grand day out.

Peter
peter

Return to Nova Scotia