Calander

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Calander

Postby The Mitt » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:05 pm

So are the Calenders coming out this year?

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby pulldown » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:39 pm

Conan was over for a grotto session the other night and i got a peek at it.
It looks AWESOME!!! I'm sure that my membership ran out but if there are any left i'll definetely renew to get one. I'd rather hang that on my wall than anything i've seen in the stores.

Strong work Conan. I'm sure i speak for many climbers here when i say thanks for doing this. I've already started setting aside pictures for next years calander.

Todd
pulldown

Postby jnnfr » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:27 pm

Yeah, Collin and I picked our calendar up this weekend. It's AWESOME. We were both super impressed!!!
You did such a good job Conan!!!
And I agree - I'd choose the CNS calendar for the wall over any others!
jnnfr

Postby The Mitt » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:34 pm

Not sure if my membership is still valid, if it is where do I get mine?

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby Scooter » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:48 am

Good work Conan,

If you were single, I'd be all over you... :shock:
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby sand » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:41 am

Mitt, Conan is going to leave my calender over at Ground Zero. You could pick yours up there or I could pick it up for you.... I haven't seen you in a while but I imagine you are working at Stad somewhere??
The calender is awesome!!! Nice job Conan!
Sandrine
sand

Postby dcentral » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:16 pm

Scooter wrote:Good work Conan,

If you were single, I'd be all over you... :shock:

Has that really stopped you before. :lol:
dcentral

Postby The Mitt » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:00 pm

Man that would be great, give me a reason to goto the gym to pull down.

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby Zamboni » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:12 pm

Kewl.. Thanks guys..

I'm alittle behind because the persons who were looking after the membership list's weren't corresponding and the list was all "effed" up. So I had to put everything together ( pain in the ass ). I've taken over the responsibility of looking after the memberships, cards and what not. This week I'll be mailing out all new membership cards to every members ( don't know who has one and who dosen't ) as well as the calendar. At first glance we had over 130 members and only 80 calenders. But after talking to Keith, ben, and teth it looks like we have just under 60 Nova Scotia members 6 New Brunswick, One newfie and a few more from USA and Ontario. Due to the lack of calendars, Nova Scotia members will come first, than New Brunswick members, and a newf or two. If there are any left for sale they won't last long.

If you are not a member ( mitt, todd, & sean cassidy ) hit the cns web site, register so you can log in, than pay online with credit card or debit through paypal. A individual membership for 2 years is only 20 bucks, family membership is 25 bucks. If you just want a calender that will cost you 25 bucks.

Thanks for the pat on the back guys.. I wish it was more fun to make, but I guess thats just how things work.

If you want to start emailing me your pictures for 2008's calender ( that is if the board votes to do another ) send it to conanbaker(at)gmail(dot)com.

Thanks again.
Zamboni

Postby The Mitt » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:27 pm

Man this should be a yearly thing. Awesome idea :)

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby jnnfr » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:07 pm

Yeah, I can only imagine how much work that must have been to put it together, but I think it should be a yearly thing too. I won't be in NS for next year's calendar, but I'd be willing to help out as much as I could!
jnnfr

Postby seanT » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:54 pm

yes yearly would be awsome.......next year all hot chicks? anyone....bueller???
seanT

Postby betaburgler » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:58 am

Thanks for the hard work Conan. I haven't seen the calendar yet, but I appreciate the fact that you put this all together. I'll be sure to set aside shots for next year.
betaburgler

Postby The Teth » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:26 pm

I have not even seen the calendar yet, which calls for an emoticon: :(

I did however read through a great deal of flack flung Conan’s way over the production of the calender, but as with most things, CNS members will have the last word on this, and I expect it will be favourable.

I guess Conan is learning the first rule of being a CNS board member: Anything worth doing will get you flower on by someone, but if it is the right thing and you stick with it, the members will have the final say. It is good to see that public opinion seems so positive. If this calendar makes a CNS membership seem worth while, and leads to increased membership, then it will be one of the most successful projects CNS has done in a while. Props to Conan for putting in the effort, and dealing with the flack, to bring the members something worth having.

As for Sean T’s suggestions, if CNS made a calender with all “hot chicks”, then they would also have to make a calender for the female members of CNS. Two calenders would mean smaller print runs and large production costs. Probably more cost effective to just make one calender and mix it up a little. However, if they do choose to go that way, I have an old photo of me climbing shirtless in a snowstorm I could donate for the second calender.

Teth
The Teth

Postby kate » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:58 pm

now the Teth,

why would CNS "need to make another calendar"? I, for one, would buy a calendar featuring hot climbing chicks, and I am sure that other climbing betties would also. as a female climber, I am inspired by seeing other women pulling down! why would you automatically assume that women would want to see a calendar full of hot guys?

what do the rest of you ladies out there think?

:lol: kate

ps. Teth, please post the photo that you speak of...
kate

Postby granite_grrl » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:07 pm

I got a calender for Nathan for xmas - Women of Climbing. Why did I choose that one? The shots were way better than the other options. While looking at strong women is cool I have no intrest in hanging it on my wall is the shoots are no good.
granite_grrl

Postby The Teth » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:37 pm

Well, I stand corrected! Here I thought making a calender featuring only “Hot Chicks” would be sexist and rude, unless both genders got equal treatment. But, if the women want a calender of “Hot Chicks” too, well I guess I am just a senile throwback to the politically correct 90's.

....I feel old....
The Teth

Postby jnnfr » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:04 pm

I would definately be down with pictures of hot chicks climbing hard. Like Kate said, it's an inspiration. Climbing with other girls makes me want to work that much harder to keep up, whereas I feel I can't always "compete" with some of the guys I climb with, so I don't try as hard.

So yes, I would be just as happy with a girlie calendar. :D
jnnfr

Postby Zamboni » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:38 pm

I for one, do not want to put a calendar of HOT MEN together. Some people might get offended when they see its all shots of ME!

hhaha :P
Zamboni

Postby martha » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:29 pm

i"m up for a hot chicks calendar as long as they are really climbing and not posing...

frankly.. we see all you guys with your shirts off too much as it is... we don't need it on our wall... :)

hehe
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby The Mitt » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:04 pm

I just bought a membership to get the calendar, was on the fence about getting a membership or not.

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby dquinn » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:33 pm

Calender sounds awesome - any chance we could see an online preview for us non-maratime, non-CNS members?
dquinn

Postby sand » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:58 am

I also agree with you girls, I would definitely like to get a hot chicks climbing calendar, even better if it's all my friend in it :)
Sandrine
sand

On the Fence

Postby Webslinger » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:59 am

Mitt, Mitt, Mitt, (said in a disappointed voice followed by a sigh)

Don't make me pull out the AGM video tape. You promised that as long as CNS had an Access Fund, that you'd support them by being a member, because that was most important.

Sit on the Fence because you get a better veiw.

Hope you doing well and we'll see you on the rock again some day.
Cheers,

Chris Hayes
The Webslinger
Webslinger

Postby The Mitt » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:10 pm

LOL, I have been caught. I am back to being a member in full standing, Love the idea of the calender. Also am very happy that we have the access fund. Life is pretty good I must admit, now if I could just find the time to climb :(

Mitt
We have to climb this year :)
The Mitt

Postby stacy » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:02 pm

sounds like a great Calendar. Can I get one? I am a CNS member and i sent in tons of photos.. if not. does anyone want to part with theirs?

Im not complaining, just asking. I hear you did a really good job. i want to show it ff in Ontario-land. missing Halifax indeed
stacy

Postby tracstarr » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:25 pm

send a pm to zambonie with your new address.
tracstarr

Postby martha » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:26 pm

I haven't gotten mine yet.

when were they mailed?
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Zamboni » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:01 pm

I"m still working on the membership list. Most of the phone numbers aren't correct, so I can't confirm the addresses. I need people to send me there current address so I'm not sending out calendars to places where no member's reside.

CB.
Zamboni

Return to Nova Scotia