new ice area?

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

new ice area?

Postby seanT » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:23 am

Now normally i would keep a new area under my hat until i had bagged all the good lines. But im not big on ice climbing so here is a little info i snagged. Somewhere on back side of Porters lake area known as Devils bed. Potentially 100" lines. Ill try to get some more info for y'all.
SeanT
seanT

Postby Fred » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:51 pm

that's only 8.33 feet :wink:
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby pulldown » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:59 pm

BOLD!

T
pulldown

Porter's Lake

Postby peter » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:40 am

Is it right on Porter's Lake, about 3/4s of the way up the lake, on the east side? If so, I walked across the lake a few winters ago (when frozen that is; I don't suffer messianic delusions). I didn't see any ice, but I really didn't stay that long, either. Or is it somewhere else? My vague recollection of the topo map is that the "Devil's Bed" is labelled on the standard map, so it should be quite findable, once the ice is safe. P.
peter

Re: Porter's Lake

Postby chossmonkey » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:28 am

peter wrote:I didn't see any ice, but I really didn't stay that long, either. Or is it somewhere else?

Perhaps it is one of those super fickle areas that only forms occasionally even when it gets cold?
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Return to Nova Scotia