NB Beer & Whiskey Festival

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

NB Beer & Whiskey Festival

Postby sb » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:06 pm

Just a heads up about the annual un-official NB Beer & Whiskey Festival... and maybe some ice climbing too. Sat Feb26 @ Ministers Face (weather and ice conditions...both vertical and horizontal (river)...permitting). Parking at Rothesay Yacht Club and walk across the Kennebecasis River (1.5km) to Ministers Face on Long Island. I'll post directions once I check exit numbers. Snowshoes or skis may be of benefit depending on amount of snow on the river ice. Munchies, beverage sampling and slides to follow at the Adamson's (byo including slides if you have some to show). Schedule: Min Face approx 10-4ish (beverage free); Adamsons 6ish. There may be some extra boots and crampons available if newbies wish to try it. Bring ski boots incase and a harness & helmet if you have one. We should be able to set up 4 or 5 lines varying from Gr3-4+. And unfortunately I have to do this...
Please note: Ice climbing is inherently dangerous. A number of factors involved in ice climbing can result in severe injury or death. This festival is not an officially organized event and participation is done so at your own risk.
sb

Return to Nova Scotia