Climb Nova Scotia Calendars Avalibility.

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Climb Nova Scotia Calendars Avalibility.

Postby Zamboni » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:11 am

The following Members have not Confirmed their address, and will not receive a calendar if they do not do so.

Marie Auger-Methe
Luke Buxton
Mike Dorse
Roger Fage, Please contact Ben Smith, he has yours.
Steve Fleming
Brian Garrison
John Housser
Brin Jones
Bonnie Mackenzie
Chuck Maillet
Andrew Merringer
Anne Reuther

I have 40 more Calendars open for anybody who wants to become a member ( 20 for individual, 25 for family ) or if you just want a calendar they can be purchased online for $25 Tax and Shipping included.

If your a member, and have not received your calender, check your mail box. Or just shoot off an email to http://www.climbnovascotia.ca/contact

Thanks in advance,

Conan Baker.
Zamboni

Postby granite_grrl » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:06 pm

Don't think I really need a calander, but I've been thinking of become an remote CNS member for a while now and this offeres good incentive. Don't like buying stuff online while I'm here at work so I'll see what I can do when I get home.

PS - would there be any extra shipping charges because you have to mail it to Ontario, or did you end up mailing most of them out anyway?
granite_grrl

Calendar

Postby peter » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:11 pm

So, you're saying I should renew my membership?
peter

Postby The Teth » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:32 pm

I finally got my calendar (definitely worth the wait). This is actually the first time I have got a look at it. I was privy to a lot of behind the scenes debate over it. One individual took offence at a couple of things, including the women posing on the May page. She said it was demeaning to show women posing instead of climbing. I assumed that the photo must show women lounging around looking pretty while they watched the men climb, or something like that. Now that I see the photo I am kind of pissed that this individual wasted my time with this. The photo is clearly depicting the comradery between a group of climbers who happen to be women. There is no doubt from the photo that these women are climbers, the chock bag sort of gives it away, and considering that they are on top of the rock, even the symbolise is positive.

I want to go on record as saying this calendar is phenomenal. It shows a great cross section of our community, and was extremely well done, considering the short time frame in which it was compiled. CNS should do a bigger print run next year. This calendar is clearly a success. CNS might finally have something which gives clear and immediate value to its members, without having to explain the less tangible value of what CNS does behind the scenes to insure continued access for climbers.

Teth
The Teth

Calendar

Postby peter » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:53 pm

Ya, but ... are there any hotties?
peter

Postby The Teth » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:02 pm

Well, Tom is Mr. January, but things have got to get better from there.
The Teth

Postby granite_grrl » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:39 pm

RE: posing women.

I love to pose! But I'm a far cry from the models in the magazines:

Oh yeah, I am one sexy beast!
granite_grrl

Posers

Postby peter » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:59 pm

Nice picture, but what brand of ropes are they?

Ssssssss. Burn! Just kidding!
peter

Re: Posers

Postby granite_grrl » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:06 pm

peter wrote:Nice picture, but what brand of ropes are they?

Ssssssss. Burn! Just kidding!

Blue Water Eliminators. Nathan got me them for xmas last year....unfortanally I've gotten to take them out a few times, while he's taken them probobly at 3x as much, so its hard to say who they were actually a present for.
granite_grrl

Postby Zamboni » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:47 pm

Ya peter, we don't have any dirty old men memberships for sale, I'd recommend picking up a family one!

Shipping cost less than 2 bucks for all of Canada.

Cb.
Zamboni

Postby Zamboni » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:50 pm

Hey teth, thanks for the props.. Ya I was pretty pissed off when my time started to get waisted too. I guess when a project is going on, and somebody wasn't on board with it from the start, they might try to sabotage it. Possible because it might have taken funds away from any future Certification projects.

Just my 2 cents.

CB.
Zamboni

Postby martha » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:52 pm

Zamboni wrote:Hey teth, thanks for the props.. Ya I was pretty pissed off when my time started to get waisted too. I guess when a project is going on, and somebody wasn't on board with it from the start, they might try to sabotage it. Possible because it might have taken funds away from any future Certification projects.

Just my 2 cents.

CB.

There is no need to talk disrespectfully about valued members of the board. You have reminded me a few times to 'be professional'. Consider this a reminder from me.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Zamboni » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:43 pm

Karma's a bitch.

Cb.
Zamboni

Postby martha » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:11 pm

Zamboni wrote:Karma's a bitch.

Cb.

funny.... so am I.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Nate » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:07 pm

Grow up
Nate

Calendar's

Postby peter » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:58 am

"dirty old man memberships"?

Let the record show that what old men lack in stamina, they more than make up for in experience and technique.

I am speaking of climbing, of course.
peter

Postby Zamboni » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:01 pm

39 calendars left.

CB.
Zamboni

Postby s.white » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:27 pm

hey conan, any chance of getting a calendar sent over here to newfoundland, cause i would take one.

and yeah, saw your post on the newfoundland page. anytime you want to come over your more then welcome. anyway, email and let me know whats up with the calendars and your travel plans. shawnewhite@hotmail.com

later shawn
s.white

Postby Zamboni » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:39 pm

Buy a cns membership. Or pay the 25 bucks.. ( individual membership it 5 bucks cheaper ). And I'll send it over. I just sent one to germany, and Alberta.

CB.
Zamboni

Postby Fred » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:11 pm

I wanted to personaly say congrats Zamboni on a job well done for the CNS calendar. I think it was a super idea and I look forward to receiving one next year too.

I do have one minor question though. Why were some photo credits left out?

As for the photo of girls posing, I have to somewhat agree that perhaps a better 'climbing' photo could have been used instead. I don't find the photo offensive, but in my opinion some nice action climbing would have been better for the calendar.

Remember, it's impossible in life to please everyone.

cheers
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby granite_grrl » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:42 pm

Tried joining CNS last night, the request to my PayPal account was screwy. They wanted me to add a credit card, but when put in my credit card info they told me they already had it listed.

I don't have another credit card, but I'll try again tonight. Too bad you guys aren't set up to accept creditcards yourself. Are there service fees you don't want to deal with?
granite_grrl

Postby Zamboni » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:57 pm

Thanks Fred.

Keep the feed back coming folks, the more you tell us what you like, the better the next one can be.

Some of the info was left out fred because it was incomplete, or just not enough room for all of it. I put priority to the Climber, than the rout / problem / location, than photographer.

Granite_grrl, you'll have to talk to Trackstarr about the paypal stuff. But if you want to do it the old fashion way, send us a check, and email all your shipping info / email address / phone number / Date of birth, I'll put one on standby for ya.

Cb

P.S. there are only 38 left.
Zamboni

Postby granite_grrl » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:21 pm

Okay, so I figured out a way to do it. I payed through Paypal, but not with my paypal account. I'm always used Paypal for private transactions and have never had this problem before (haven't used since last sping though).

Second, why don't you guys just have a nice big button that says "join here". It took me a while to figure out that you buy memberships under "products".

This whole process could have been a lot easier. But its done, with minimal cursing and bitching. You guys are lucky I wanted that calander. :P

I am looking forward to that calander, and hope that my money can go towards access issues in NS.
granite_grrl

Postby Zamboni » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:17 am

Thanks a bunch. I will get it out to you before the end of the week..

Conan.
Zamboni

Postby mike » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:42 am

Mike Dorse
c/o RusselSmith Nigeria
B58A Road 3
Victoria Garden City
Ajah, Lagos
Nigeria
mike

Postby Zamboni » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:27 pm

Mike.

Are you willing to accept shipping fees / COD?

Cb.
Zamboni

Postby tracstarr » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:47 pm

yeah. sorry about it being difficult on the page. I'm working on some updates, but i have little time right now. Focusing on just keeping it simple. Also updating the colors as it's just too dark.
tracstarr

Postby Zamboni » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:54 pm

Keep up the Good work Sh@ head!

Cb. :twisted:
Zamboni

Postby felix » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:30 am

Hey Conan,
thanks for sending calendars all over the planet. Mine did track me down in Germany eventually - the thing is awesome!
Cheers
Felix
felix

Postby Zamboni » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:34 am

Sweet.

Keep us in the loop with the climbing seen out your way.

Take care Felix
Zamboni

Next

Return to Nova Scotia