Ice Climbing Sunday 18th.

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Sunday

Postby peter » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:42 pm

Here are some pictures from this new, little waterfall, Dave had a bit of beta on, from a fishing buddy. A decent flow of ice for an afternoon, in fine weather. I am sure there is more like it nearby. See the link below, and go to the bottom of the page.

http://pic1.piczo.com/mcmac-in-france/?g=27497735

Re Main Face: never gone in myself in winter, but heard it doesn't form. Would be willing to go look. P.
peter

Oh, Boys you missed out!

Postby Zamboni » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:18 pm

View the missed opportunity here!

http://picasaweb.google.com/conanbaker/MooseRiverG

Enjoy, I'm off to cake body in Tiger Balm!

CB.
Zamboni

Moose River

Postby peter » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:46 pm

A nice sequence. So, ... accessible? What was the travel time "off road" like? Looks like nice ice.

Eager: any chance of posting a scanned copy of the topo map, with the route in marked?

Peter
peter

Postby Zamboni » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:30 am

Drive over the moose river on the #2 heading into Parrsboro. Take the first logging road in on your right. Take your 4th right ( I think ), and another right and drive up the big hill to a clearing. Park in the Pull out on your right. ( you can see the Blomidon Peninsula from here ) They had about 5" of snow to drive through. Eager had fun jeepn' her in. 40km per hr, it took about 10 min. The map says its only about 10km in.

Now your at the highest point in the area. Continue hiking down the Road, 1.5 Km south. When the road ends, you cut east into the Gorge. There is an easy low slop section below the wall Eager was on. The Ice is solid, but has parts that chip out easy. And Big solid tree's to anchor off of right at the top.

I'm out for this weekend. If nobody is heading out than I'll take the gear I need to Cape Breton and climb the Uisage Bahn Falls.

CB.
Zamboni

Postby Rich » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:48 pm

yesterday while drivinb back into the city along the bedford highway there were a couple of fellows top-roping on the ice along the road embankment! Desperate!
Rich

Yesterday

Postby peter » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:45 pm

Rich seeing two people top-roping on the Bedford Highway on Sunday makes me think.

Maybe Conan and Eager have faked the whole Moose River trip, yesterday, just to make us all jealous. Maybe that yellow ice was really yellow snow, brought to us by one of Eager's famous "Saturday nights out", which usually prevent him from climbing, but "apparently" not in this case.

Come to think of it, I swear I saw container ships in the background of their so-called "Moose River" photos, when they were first posted, last night. Look again for yourself. See if they are still there.

Well, they clearly were there, the first time the photos went up, but now
they are gone. Strange that. But you can clearly see where they were they used to be. Must have been air-brushed out. High tech fakers, these guys are.

Is it a coincidence that Conan can't climb next weekend, with a larger group. Too many witnesses, is that it? Come clean, my friend.

I bet those two were also in on the whole so-called "Moon landing" scam that played out when I was a boy.

Not yet born in 1969, you say? Like, we are going to believe that. Prove it, I say.

Crafty, these young buck ice climbers. You have to watch them closely.

Paranoid Pete
peter

Postby Zamboni » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:50 pm

Pay close attention Children. What you have just witnessed ( Paranoid Pete's last thread ) is a classic case of "Probitightass". The result of a resent trip to the mother ship, where most probing experiments go wrong!

Symptom will continue for the next two weeks. And yes they will get worse!
Zamboni

Postby Nate » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:43 pm

Anyone have pictures from saturdays ice climbing? I'd be psyched to see those.

Nate
Nate

Postby Zamboni » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:10 pm

I didn't take any. Talk to eager!
Zamboni

Postby Eager » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:19 pm

I do, they can be purchased as limited edition prints at $225 a piece, but don't tell anyone where the secret location is, it's as good as chossy rockies alpine, even that trickle out in upper shubie.

Paranoid now Pete?

I'll see what I can do about pics
Eager

Postby Eager » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:51 pm

Here are some pics on on my blog

http://eastcoasth2o.blogspot.com/
Eager

Pics

Postby peter » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:58 pm

Nice pics of climbing the detached pillar of doom in Fred Flintstone land.

How did you air brush those trees into the background of the Bedford Highway shots?

I have a line on another waterfall, north of Truro this time ...

Peter
peter

Postby ben smith » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:37 am

jesus that thing was creepy- graham went up after and damn near broke it off- he lowered after hearing a crack and seeing it split down the middle- the ice was super sticky though
ben smith

Postby prof » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:35 pm

I definitely didn't have the cojones for that puppy! When it cracked there was some serious puckerage going on. 8-o Top spot for some fun and the ice was like glue in the sun.

So you sorted out those heel spurs yet Ben?
prof

Previous

Return to Nova Scotia