ice climbing sunday

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

ice climbing sunday

Postby climberwannabe » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:14 pm

Hey guys... just wondering what the scoop is this weekend. Are we going to Halls or Baxters? I'm not sure how to get to Baxters. Maybe we should get an idea of all those interested in comming out. I am in, and I have a friend who I'm gonna bring. Halls is nice and close for me, so I'd like to go there. But I am willing to try pretty much anything. Oh and can someone manage to get some CNS crampons and helmets for Sunday? Teth I believe you would be able to do this?

Thanks guys, hope to get a solid plan soon.

Steve
Mother nature: 1, climberwannabe: 0
climberwannabe

Postby Bert » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:39 pm

I talked with Daren, and we would be willing to go to Baxter, but I personally have no clue how to get there from halifax. I would also be with few people, so shorter hike sounds good.

It seams that the plan would be to go to Baxter for now if we can know how to get there.

Bert.
Bert

Postby Bert » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:44 am

Hey Steve,

As I said in the other PM, I am meeting Daren at Kentville, and from there he is gonna lead the way to Baxter. I am going to call him as soon as we get close to kentville and he is going to meet us at the Tim Horton downtown. So if you want to join us there, that would be nice, but I don't know at exactly what time we will be there.

We are leaving Halifax at 8h15 so I guess arround 1h30 later.

Hopefully we will find a way to all meet there and than go to Baxter.

Bert.
Bert

Postby The Teth » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:04 am

I believe Peter was going to pass the CNS gear to his friend Tomb. I assume that means that Tomb is planning to come. I intend to be there this week. See you at Steve-O-Reno’s at 8:00am on Sunday. I will bring a rope and enough gear to setup at least one anchor.

Here is another useful link:
http://members.tripod.com/novascotiacli ... olive.html

Scroll down to the map. The Palmolive Bouldering area is just south of Baxter’s Harbour. See it at the top centre of the map? And, yes it is very close to Hulls Harbour. After you cross the top of the North Mountain, just where the road turns left toward Hulls Harbour, there is a paved road on the right. Follow that and take the first paved left turn. (The dirt road will get you there too, but is not as direct.) Turn onto the road leading north out of Baxter’s Harbour and immediately look for the dip in the road with a stream running through a big culvert.

Teth
The Teth

Return to Nova Scotia