stellar new lines in grover

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

stellar new lines in grover

Postby tracstarr » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:18 am

yesterday was an awesome day out at grover. Conan flashed his long time project, which was so sweet. Then that was followed by two new fa's of some sweet lines.

The first new line...walk to the far side of the boulder with Yukon Cornelius and go down to the right. There is a long wall. The first boulder you come to has an obvious problem. This is it. You start low on a thin rail and continue up the overhanging arete and finish up to the left. It's sharp, really sharp! This one is called Moana and tenativly goes as v6 until it sees a repeat send. There is another project on this boulder that start on the same rail but goes straight up the face.

The second line is the highest highball I've ever done. It starts on the same boulder as Yukon C but on the far arete. It's hugh all the way up.... until you're left with a nice jump at 25 feet up. it goes as onlly V1 with a really high scare factor. it's called Soiled. (as in i think i soiled myself)

watch for the videos of both sends in the next few days on tracstarr.com
tracstarr

new sends

Postby seanT » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:36 am

Keiths sends were truly out of this world and I think the word "sand bag" could perhaps be applied to the V6 rating on Moana but what ever, it is awsome. Soiled .....take a number and get in line this problem ranks as one of the top 3 problems in Nova Scotia Magnifique!!! 2 other new lines that went down yesterday are The Scream a very short person friendly line on a smaller boulder just next to "Lichen Face" (sorry to Chris R who had his eye on this one) and Big Bang Theory also on same boulder but other side. I would say The Scream is V7 and Big Bang Theory V3 both are sit starts and very fun. Grovers is going off perfect sending conditions stay tuned...
seanT

Postby tracstarr » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:25 pm

sweet dude! man we should have stayed for that send, i feel bad now! you guys probably walked out in the dark eh?

yeah, ok, so maybe it's like v8ish? i dunno. i'll wait for the consensis after some more sends.

working on the video right now....
tracstarr

Postby Zamboni » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:31 pm

Can anybody else move after that day. I for one couldn't stay up any later than 9pm. And today I suffer :?

Keith get those vids up!
Zamboni

Postby tracstarr » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:21 pm

tracstarr

Postby mitchleblanc » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:32 pm

Holy flowers, you is insane bro.

Check out the finger tape job just before 1 min 50 seconds. Haha. Nice NS rock for ya.

I can't believe that dyno for the top. WTF!?

Nice work brother, fun video too. Good voice clips.
Bouldering is a dish best served cold.
mitchleblanc

Postby tracstarr » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:47 am

yeah, the rock was sharp that's for sure. THe girlfriend wants to put stitches in my pinky....And that dyno.... well, i'm not going to be doing it again anytime soon.... i'll have to start buying the 6packs of drawers at wal-mart.
tracstarr

Postby dcentral » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:07 pm

Where's your helmet?
dcentral

Postby tracstarr » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:30 pm

shhhhhhhhh, mom will kill me. ;)
tracstarr

Return to Nova Scotia