difficulty in getting boulderfest tickets

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

difficulty in getting boulderfest tickets

Postby granite_grrl » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:23 am

My parents had bought plane tickets for Nathan and I for my brother's wedding last summer with areoplan points. Then I had to fall onto a ledge. I spent my brother's wedding in the hospital.

So now we have these two tickets from Toronto to Halifax that we have to use up before the start of August this year. I was thinking that it would be great to fly in for a lon weekend, even better if we could attend something like bouldfest! But then I remembered seeing tickets sell out the same night they'd go up.

Will boulderfest be on Dover this year with limited tickets, or somewhere else? How hard will it be to get tickets for this year once they go on sale?

Areoplan is a PITA, and if we want to book tickets we have to do it pretty far in advance (we may already be too late). We really should choose when to use those tickets ASAP.
granite_grrl

Postby martha » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:39 pm

Boulderfest is the weekend of June 24th and CNS members get to buy tickets exclusively for the first 24 hours.

There are 70 spots to be had and you should be able to secure 2 no problem.

Cheers.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby granite_grrl » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:28 pm

martha wrote:Boulderfest is the weekend of June 24th and CNS members get to buy tickets exclusively for the first 24 hours.

There are 70 spots to be had and you should be able to secure 2 no problem.

Cheers.

And hey, I'm a CNS member now too! So does that mean I can buy advanced tickets for both me and Nathan (who is not a CNS member)?

Next step is to make sure I can get vacation for then.....there's a two week shut down at the plant the first two weeks of July, and we may be heading to NS for that time. Seems silly to fly in for the weekend before, go back to work for a week then drive to NS after.

Hmmmmm, we'll see how this goes.
granite_grrl

Postby martha » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:06 am

No, you have to both be a member.

being a CNS member saves you 10$ on your boulderfest ticket as well!

yay!
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Scooter » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:09 pm

The last 2 boulderfests' did not sell very quickly at all, as far as I can remember.

The one 3 years ago sold in 36 hours!!
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby granite_grrl » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:16 pm

Scooter wrote:The last 2 boulderfests' did not sell very quickly at all, as far as I can remember.

The one 3 years ago sold in 36 hours!!

That's the one I was thinking of (which made me worry). I think I was on a work term here in Ontario at the time.

Still gotta work out my vacation time, and my boss isn't in today.
granite_grrl

Postby The Teth » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:10 pm

Scooter is right. Boulderfest sold out in 36 hours the year Eastern Tide premiered. That was excellent advertising. You should not be so pushed for time this year. Why didn’t you shell out the extra $5 for a family membership?

Teth
The Teth

Postby chossmonkey » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:36 am

The Teth wrote:Why didn’t you shell out the extra $5 for a family membership?

That's the same question I asked. :?
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby granite_grrl » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:41 pm

chossmonkey wrote:
The Teth wrote:Why didn’t you shell out the extra $5 for a family membership?

That's the same question I asked. :?

'cause I asked you and all you gave me was a non commital answer. I also offered to get you your own membership at full price, considering it a donation to CNS from me....again you never asked me to do it.
granite_grrl

Return to Nova Scotia