columbus wall directions please

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

columbus wall directions please

Postby joysquirts » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:14 pm

hey hoping someone has some easy to fallow directions to the columbus wall? i know its in musquodoboit harbour but thats all i got... anythng i should know about the yocals?

thanks
ADAM BENJAMIN
joysquirts

Postby Zamboni » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:58 pm

adam,

Click "Crags", then the 3rd beener left of halifax.

http://www.peak.ca/rock/
Zamboni

Postby The Teth » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:47 am

Here is a better map.

http://members.tripod.com/novascotiacli ... musqu.html

And click on the “Directions” button above the map for detailed directions to the crag.

The Nova Scotia Climber’s Resource web page was designed to give climbers access to the information they need to climb in Nova Scotia. I hope to do some updates once I get my new computer.

The Teth
The Teth

Postby johnb » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:42 am

Referring to Teth's map; has anyone explored the area on the far right of the scapper map or the area across the lake from columbus wall or directly under the words directions on the musquodobit map?
johnb

Postby The Teth » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:32 pm

The area right of the Skapper map is visible from the “S” turn of the old highway. It is too chossy to be worth climbing, but I have heard of people repelling off it.

I am not sure about the area across Paces Lake. I assume the lake itself has been checked. The Bow Wall is off the left side of the map. (Discovered after I produced the map.) There may be other gems in there.

The close contours at the top of the map could be accessed via the old rail line (transCanada trail?) Probably quickest to continue up the valley to where the road crosses the river, hike east to the old rail bed/trail, and backtrack south. I remember seeing a cliff in this area while looking across the river from the parking area for Columbus, but I have not had a chance to check it out. A new crag was found along the old rail bed, called “The Cave”, but it might be farther south.

The Musquodoboit Valley could use further investigation.

The TEth
The Teth

Return to Nova Scotia