New routes updated

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

New routes updated

Postby Stevo » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:31 pm

I updated the new trad route database:

http://www.novascotiatradclimbing.com/

Let me know if there is any other stuff to add.

Cheers
Steve
Stevo

Postby waterat » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:25 pm

hi stevo...looked at your wee site there, nice one...glad to see I got a mention too !...that NH slab stuff looks like a bigger version of glen etive (is it ?)....oh aye, what about that Flyin' Scotsman then ? (skapper ??)...
keep flying the flag, my good man...slainte...
waterat

Postby Stevo » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:27 pm

Hi Alan,

Flying Scotsman, oh I forgot about that one, and there was that wee crag of yours in the woods, Craig something or other with the crack that you did.

If you can remember the descriptions send them to me here or at spunshon@dal.ca and I'll post them up.

The routes at Whitehorse are very much like the Trillachean slabs, 40 degree friction climbing with big runouts.

Cheers

Steve
Stevo

Postby waterat » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:25 am

Steve....

alack and alas !...I cant find a record of the climb at the skapper...I think it was maybe posted on one of the defunct web boards...anyway, all I can recall was a vague crack line, roughly in the middle of the crag, there was a small ledge at half height I think... the whole thing trended slightly rightwards... it went at scottish VS...

The stuff near cole harbour was a short crag in the trees just off the old rail trail ... maybe I can think about that ... I do recall the most obvious line was a vertical hand crack (An Dealg (the needle))at maybe 5.9....

Will keep in touch....cheers.
waterat

Return to Nova Scotia