"crappy landings"

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

"crappy landings"

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:09 pm

I was kind of disturbed to read that Beyond Gravity's floors are "CRAPPY TO LAND ON". that's not very reassuring, especially coming from an indoor climbing gym! maybe you guys need to look into that a little further - what about spending the money from BOULDERING comp registration fees on NEW PADDING instead of new holds??

just a thought.

Postby The Teth » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:18 pm

The padding at BG is about average for a climbing gym. About equal to one standard crash-pad. Of course for highballs you want more than one pad. Still, Nate could have worded that better.

Teth
The Teth

Postby Scooter » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:25 pm

thats complete garbage.
the padding is equal to, if not better, than every other gym in atlantic canada. maybe you should try it out for yourself instead of reading a book also
Scooter

Postby Scooter » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:27 pm

nate you have got to be crazy
Scooter

Postby nathan » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:10 pm

The padding isn't really that bad but under the ropes there isn't as much padding as by the boulder cave so it would be nice to have more pads for the higher problems. It's not a nessicity but heels will probably ache at the end of the night if there aren't extra pads under the higher problems. Since these walls are usually used for rope climbing there isn't as much padding.
Nate
nathan

Postby nathan » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:11 pm

yeah sorry about the wording.
Nate
nathan

Postby dcentral » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:22 pm

I agree with Scooter and Teth. The padding is fine.
dcentral

Postby granite_grrl » Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:00 pm

If you're uncomfortable with some of the landings you could always bring your crash pad for additional comfort. The padding at my gym is crap and thats what the members there do.

Rebecca
granite_grrl

Suck it Up

Postby C. Eager » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:57 pm

Not to put any more salt in the wounds but, what do you think all the old school guys like John Gill and John Sherman used for padding in their gyms, nothing, they didn't even have pads, they didn't even have gyms, for %&&%'s sake they didn't even have sticky rubber shoes or chalk. I say forget about the fall and you'll climb harder when it counts.
C. Eager

Return to Nova Scotia