Halifax Bouldering and Rope Climbing - Photography

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Halifax Bouldering and Rope Climbing - Photography

Postby climbsalot » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:30 pm

My wife and I will be staying in Peggy's Cove the week of May 26th to June 2nd. We are planning on mostly bouldering, but maybe doing some rope climbing as well. We are looking for anyone who may be interesting in climbing with us, and showing us some of the better areas and problems.

Also, I am looking for any climbers who may be interesting in letting me shoot photos. I do a lot of rock climbing photography and I want to take advantage of being up in the area to get some photos.

Check out http://www.cruxphoto.com for some of my photography.

If you have any interest, or know someone who would, please email me at climbsalot@hotmail.com.
We will have a car.

Thanks,
Nate
climbsalot

Climber Photographer

Postby peter » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:03 pm

I am terribly sorry, but we already have a climber named Nate, so you will have to choose a new name.

But other than that, I am sure you will have lots of takers.
peter

Re: Climber Photographer

Postby granite_grrl » Tue May 01, 2007 7:31 am

peter wrote:I am terribly sorry, but we already have a climber named Nate, so you will have to choose a new name.

I take is you don't want a repeat of the "Sean" problem..... :P
granite_grrl

Postby climbsalot » Thu May 24, 2007 1:37 pm

Nate and I have already been in contact about climbing. We decided that it will be very easy on those we're climbing with. They can cheer on two climbers with one cheer. Much more efficient.

Thank you to those who emailed me and set up a time to go climbing.
If there is anyone who is free during the day on week days and are interested in showing us around, please email if you get a chance. If not, the number at our place in Peggy's Cove is 902-823-2300. We will arrive there on Saturday the 26th in the afternoon and be around all week.

Thanks,

Nate
climbsalot

Postby climbsalot » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:05 pm

I just wanted to thank Nate and the other climbers I got to climb with while in Nova Scotia. I had a great time. I posted some photos and a bit out my trip on my website. You can go through my site, or just go directly to cruxphoto.wordpress.com.

Thanks
Nate
climbsalot

Postby The Mitt » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:31 pm

All I can say about your photos is WOW. Great work and awesome Trip Report.

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby granite_grrl » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:36 am

climbsalot wrote:I just wanted to thank Nate and the other climbers I got to climb with while in Nova Scotia. I had a great time. I posted some photos and a bit out my trip on my website. You can go through my site, or just go directly to cruxphoto.wordpress.com.

Thanks
Nate

Some great shots there! I'm going to bookmark your page so I can show off what NS climbing is really all about (location, location, location!!!) to people who have no idea what's out there.
granite_grrl

Postby Zamboni » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:30 pm

Hey, don't tell to many people . I don't want to end up standing in a line to get on a rout / problem.

Cb. :(
Zamboni

Postby granite_grrl » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:01 pm

Zamboni wrote:Hey, don't tell to many people . I don't want to end up standing in a line to get on a rout / problem.

Cb. :(

:) I some how doubt that will happen. Even with Nova Scotia being as beautiful as it it, its still tucked away and not many people get to visit.
granite_grrl

Postby climbsalot » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:24 pm

Thanks for the compliments guys! I would definitely come back, but you guys are pretty far away. My ticket price was $1200! Luckily they were free.

Anyway, enjoy your amazing climbing this summer!
climbsalot

Return to Nova Scotia