CCB - Theft

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

CCB - Theft

Postby SeanB » Thu May 03, 2007 7:34 am

I was out for a walk at CCB last night, parked at the gate. When we came back someone had broken into my car, and a couple others that were there!

Managed to steal a brown purse out of mine, some cash out of another and a subwoofer out of another guys car. Not Cool!

If anyone sees a brown leather purse around the area (hoping they jsut wanted the 40 bucks inside) please let me know.

Watch out for these guys!
SeanB

Postby seanT » Thu May 03, 2007 9:04 am

Great just what we need another area where climbers have to worry about thier cars being broken into or vandalized. Here is the list to date
Pollys cove
parking area for Sorrows end
Chebucto head
Crystal Crescent Beach
pretty much any of the parking areas for LOC

The sad thing is the police pretty much know who is responsible and just cant do anything or wont do anything about it.
Bottom line if your going to any of these areas leave absolutely NOTHING visible in your car. And even then they still might smash your window just for fun.
Be safe!
Sean.
seanT

Postby Scooter » Thu May 03, 2007 9:14 am

I don't keep any valuables in my car when going climbing.

I've even thought about leaving the glove compartment & any other consoles open so thiefs can see that theres absolutely nothing to steal...

But what a hassle and a piss off to say the least.
Scott.R
Scooter

Update

Postby SeanB » Thu May 03, 2007 10:01 am

Apparently they only wanted cash. The Police found the purse this morning and everything was in it except the cash. They didn't even steal her Sony MP3 player or Credit Cards....

Hmmm.. Hope that 40 bucks was worth it.
SeanB

Postby tracstarr » Thu May 03, 2007 10:40 am

yeah, b@stards. If they can't get in they will do something to deface the vehicle. Had a door panel kicked in when parked at sorrows. That was not cool.
tracstarr

Postby ben smith » Thu May 03, 2007 5:06 pm

on a related note-
haggard toyota tercel for sale:
never worry about theft at a climbing area again, seriously- I haven't locked my car since I've had it (cause the locks don't work) and have never had a problem, probably due to the fact that the car is decrepit and obvously the home of a vagrant. I also find it helps to fill your car with rubbish as a camoflage for any objects of worth.
ben smith

Re: CCB - Theft

Postby peter » Thu May 03, 2007 9:07 pm

[quote="SeanB"]Managed to steal a brown purse out of mine ... Not Cool! If anyone sees a brown leather purse around the area (hoping they just wanted the 40 bucks [and maybe my makeup mirror] inside) please let me know.quote]

Man, I had trouble figuring out who all these Seans were in the climbing community, but now some of them are having their purses stolen. What gives? Would the real Sean please stand up and rub a credit card down his face, so I can hear that scratchy sound?
peter

Postby talya » Thu May 03, 2007 10:44 pm

ben,
my car is decrepit and... well looks like the home of a vagrant (thankfuly i do not have to call it home yet) however it was broken into.... lol and now two of the locks are broken.
... bad reasoning my friend :)
talya

Postby szymiec » Fri May 04, 2007 2:34 am

That area is a little on the sketchy side. I assume it's primarily due to boredom combined with a lack of self respect.

My friend had his Kayak shat in out there. I thought is was bloody hilarious but he was really mad. Ha!

Chris
szymiec

Postby seanT » Fri May 04, 2007 6:54 am

yeah it could have been worse. Some people who were camping out there came back in the morning to find that thier car had been compleatly torced and was nothing more than a burned out gutted wreck. (still not at the level of Bens car though)
seanT

Postby tracstarr » Fri May 04, 2007 7:00 am

hey ben, lets donate your car to a steak out. put something valuable where they can see it, hide in the woods and then wait.....
tracstarr

Postby granite_grrl » Fri May 04, 2007 7:39 am

holey moley, stories of theft out there seem to be getting worse and worse. I would second Chris' assesment of bordom coupled with lack of respect.

What is it with kids these days? I don't know if its an epidemic or if I'm just getting older, but it seems they're breaking into cars now for shits and giggles. My husband had his truck lock picked and all his spare change taken. Nothing else (his CDs and his Oakly sunglasses were left lukly). Ditto with the neighbors. For some reason my car (worth half as much as his truck) was left untouched. Could it have been the power of a flashing red light? Probobly more likely that you can't use the key to unlock the drivers door anymore because of a previously botched attempt to break into my car.

I even heard a story of someone's car being broken into down at the Red and the theves got away with the only thing in there they could steal: a bag of dog food and an old pair of shoes. Breaking into cars is like a sport to some people!
granite_grrl

Postby Zamboni » Fri May 04, 2007 9:10 am

LOLOLOL..
Oh man thats classic! Guys and Gals, take this as a warning, DON'T LEAVE YOUR KAYAKS ALONE, Somebody just might take a sh@ in it!
Zamboni

Postby ben smith » Sat May 05, 2007 7:29 pm

keith i would but I need all my windows intact so i can still sleep in it when i'm in town
ben smith

Postby Diamox » Sat May 05, 2007 7:55 pm

Ben,
we'll just make sure the windows are rolled down first. :)
Can't break them then... and we'll have them tied up with old ropes before they can roll them up...

Peter
Diamox

Postby Fred » Sat May 05, 2007 9:48 pm

these crimes seem to be pretty consistent. Why not hang up some baight and hide behind some bushes with a video camera. If you get their licence plate number it would be pretty hard for the police not to do anything about it. Are the events that freequent? Or would someone be hanging out in the bushes for a long time with no luck?
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Scooter » Sun May 06, 2007 9:47 am

I am down for a sting!!!!!
sweeeet
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby SeanB » Mon May 07, 2007 2:27 pm

Anyone with a video camera that wants to put an end to this, let me know. I am going to head out sometime this week and see what happens.

sean.e.bartlett gmail com
SeanB

Postby zig » Mon May 07, 2007 4:22 pm

DONE!!!
Just heard on the news that undercover police caught 3 young males from Timberlea breaking into a car at CCB this past wkend. They waited all day and caught them in action.
cheers,
zig

Postby Diamox » Mon May 07, 2007 6:30 pm

But are there more?
Peter
Diamox

Postby zig » Mon May 07, 2007 8:21 pm

Yes I'm sure but hey it's a start right?
zig

Postby Scooter » Mon May 07, 2007 8:22 pm

good news
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby tracstarr » Mon May 07, 2007 9:07 pm

damn, i was looking forwards to the sting.
tracstarr

Postby Fred » Mon May 07, 2007 10:20 pm

that's great news

these guys weren't too bright by the sounds of it. You can only break into the same house so many times before they finaly nail you.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby seanT » Tue May 08, 2007 8:00 am

I wonder how many hairy fat dudes in banana hammocks they had to look at before they caught the little pukes?
seanT

CCB

Postby peter » Tue May 08, 2007 12:12 pm

(edited)
peter

Return to Nova Scotia