Video Premier Showing (March.8)

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Video Premier Showing (March.8)

Postby tracstarr » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:46 am

Well, for all of those who are interested in seeing my video who haven't seen it yet, or even if you have, there is going to be a premier showing next tuesday, March 8, 9pm at Beyond Gravity. You can come and climb before hand, 2 for the cost of 1 after 5pm (I think - double check with BG). Or, just show up at 9 to see the video. I will be making copies available to purchase.

Just for a quick outline of the video - it's about 1h03 long and includes problems in Grover, Terrence Bay Woods, Porcupine Fortress, Prospect, Ground Zero,and Polly's Cove. You will also see the 3rd ascent of Trail Blazer, V11, by Nick Sagar.

And if i can get things together I will hopefully have a bit of bonus footage not included on the DVD.

Hope to see a few people there.
tracstarr

Postby renegade » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:33 pm

dude to be honest it wasnt that great
easterntide definately kills it
renegade

Nice

Postby mothecat » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:33 pm

Way to show support Renegade! You suck.

Ben and Nat - My woody is finished and I'll be needing those pads back. Please return them to BG.

Thanks

mo
mothecat

Postby The Mitt » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:55 pm

I didn't see the dvd, but I have been watching the videos on the site. I think that knowing these guys are not professionals and mainly having fun, the videos rock. If you want great cinematography go rent cliffhanger. Todd's video was awesome but he is also a pro (at film, not climbing :) Take the video for what it is, some great scenes of pretty hard problems in one of the most beautiful places to boulder. I think its worth it.

Sean (AKA The Mitt)

wow I'm actually saying nice things about people, gotta fix that.
The Mitt

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:28 pm

good, glade you didn't like it. Too bad for you. No one said it was "professional" or "top-notch" or anything along those lines. It's for fun, that's all. Lets see, been doing it for hmmmm, 6 months tops. O well, lots of others like it. Yes, Todds is much more professional, and he also filmed it as a production. I didn't. Mine is climb first, film it second. Someday i'd love to do a "real" video. Anyway, nuf said. Like it or not or anyone want to make their own judgement, watch it.

Postby Fred » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:48 pm

Don't sweat it Tracstarr. It's always the ones who don't do anything (ie. never published a video or photo, haven't developed a website, never done anything for the climbing community) who have nothing nice to say. I'm stoked to see the vid. Keep up the good work on the vids and your website. Those who appreciate are staying tunned. If you are coming to TDB in Freddy bring some copies.

paix
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby tracstarr » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:05 pm

thanks man. i'm going to send up a copy for door prises for sure. I don't think i'll be making the trip myself this time. I'll find out who's heading up there and maybe i'll have them bring a few extra copies if anyone is interested.

ps - look for more videos on the site over the weekend. lots of footage to get through, so i'm sure i'll get at least one up.
tracstarr

Postby dcentral » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:15 pm

So what's the moral of this thread?

Make sure you always have protection when playing with your woody?
dcentral

Postby tracstarr » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:39 am

OMG i almost cried with that one d-cent... LOL!
tracstarr

Postby Scooter » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:19 am

man how can anybody be so inconsiderate. the vids are rad. it consists of good climbers and some of the best climbing spots in nova scotia
Scooter

Postby dcentral » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:54 pm

Would it be wrong to ask you to post pictures of your woody?
dcentral

Postby The Mitt » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:11 pm

Man who wants to see a pic of a woody? I wanna see some sweet juggs :)

Get your minds out of the gutter :)

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby Nathan » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:05 pm

yeah dude i'll bring your pad in on the week-end, i'm in on Sunday for sure.
Nate
Nathan

Postby joysquirts » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:05 am

renegade you are (content moderated), if i knew who you were im for sure i wouldent like you.... and as for the maker MR. trackstar what the hell im not in that video once.. not even as an extra or anything haha but seriusly we got to get out more! i dont see you or your nipply roomie half as much as too much
with all this nice weather and perfect first accents going down in grover cove!! there must be room on a video for some me action. hahaha anydays buddy this post is old news so you might not see this.. but if you do i'll be in tuch, saturday should be nice out! cheers
ADAM BENJAMIN
joysquirts

Postby tracstarr » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:24 pm

tonight's the night... hope to see a few familar faces....
tracstarr

Nipples

Postby Zamboni » Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:27 pm

Whats going on with my nipples?
Zamboni

Return to Nova Scotia