Thread locking sucks

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Thread locking sucks

Postby mike » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:45 pm

I mean really- what's the point?

There was over 1000 views of the locked thread- people were being entertained- what's the problem?

I really gotta question this whole big brother thing... really what is the point?

Credibility? Net nanny? Younger people? - how does locking this particular thread benifit anyone.

Not a constructive move, I say.

The main purposes of a chat page is discussion, information, and entertainment. It was working... very well.

You just turned off the sprinkler Teth- shame on you!
mike

Postby tracstarr » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:45 pm

now what am i going to do for the rest of the "work" day. Geish, at least i've had some reading to do over the last 2 days.
tracstarr

Postby The Teth » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:34 pm

I can’t argue that point. I miss the dry tooling debate, but as spicy and entertaining as it was, someone did get hurt. It convinced Sean D that all the rock climbers were out to get him, which influenced his subsequent actions and eventually lead to him leaving the CNS board of directors and practically going into hiding for the last few years. As the moderator here I had the responsibility to cool things off before Cara got her back up enough to say something in the heat of the moment which might alienate her from other climbers or create a province versus province mentality.

I have no objection to starting new threads to talk about the issues from that thread in a more objective manner. For instance:
- Does a climber have the right to comment when they see someone doing something they feel is unsafe?
- What to do when you get in over your head.
- Where to draw the line between your right to take personal risk, and your responsibility to think of how your actions might effect those around you.
- How to find the place and where did Mike go to?
- Who has taken the longest fall? (I took a 15 foot fall on tope rope once, and touched the deck with my tippy toe.) Does anyone have a photo of the route David fell on with something in the shot for scale? I want to know how far Dave actually fell!

The Teth
The Teth

Postby mike » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:09 pm

On Google.rec.climbing when someone is really screwing themselves into the verbal corner (not saying that this was the case, in this case), sympathizers send private emails to let the offender that they've gone too far then it's up to the offender to sort things out.
How do I know this? Cause I do. Nuff Said.
I do agree that things were wandering into arched-back territory- I thought it was kinda fun. I've got a strange sense of fun though and way too much time on my hands.
I'm off to Houston tommorrow and there might not be internet access for a few weeks so ya'll can de-arch from my villianry for a bit.
But rest assured... I will return...

MUAAAAAA HAAA HAAAA HAAA!!!! :twisted:

I agree with your perspective Teth
mike

Return to Nova Scotia