this board

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

this board

Postby seanT » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:53 pm

Ive never seen so many novice elitests and know it alls in one place in my whole life. This board seems to do nothing but cause people to spray about how experienced they are and how not experienced other people are etc etc etc. Not even bothering to metion the other crap on here. The old forum didnt seem to be nearly as bad as this one and the thing that I fully can not understand is why there are so many posts in the Nova Scotia index from people from NB? Is it just because more people are checking in to the NS index? I dont get it.
All in all survey says.... ding my gooch is being licked by this forum! Moderate that.
seanT

Re: this board

Postby mitchleblanc » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:15 pm

seanT wrote:The old forum didnt seem to be nearly as bad as this one and the thing that I fully can not understand is why there are so many posts in the Nova Scotia index from people from NB?

Probably because the NB forum is here too. If I had to venture a guess. Man, if you weren't so inexperienced with the internet, like I am, you would know about clicking and stuff.

ps: maybe it's because it's winter, and there is nothing to talk about?
Bouldering is a dish best served cold.
mitchleblanc

Postby The Mitt » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:18 pm

I do believe that this subject came up just before CNS closed the last board. People said this would happen :)

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:29 pm

So... internet is more important than climbing... right?

Postby mitchleblanc » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:34 pm

Anonymous wrote:So... internet is more important than climbing... right?

Hey man, if you knew what I did during most of my time on the internet, you'd think so too!
Bouldering is a dish best served cold.
mitchleblanc

Re: this board

Postby mathieu » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:57 pm

seanT wrote:Ive never seen so many novice elitests and know it alls in one place in my whole life. This board seems to do nothing but cause people to spray about how experienced they are and how not experienced other people are etc etc etc..

As someone once said "Its easy to be a big fish in a small pond"
mathieu

Postby Fred » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:10 am

Sean,

are you suggesting people from NB shouldn't participate in climbing discussion in NS?

I do climb in Nova Scotia several times a year. Probably more so then some other Nova Scotia climbers even. I also know most of you or have met you at one point or another. Our communities are more crossed then you think. This is the main reason for introducing this new forum. We go to your comps. You come to ours. We go to your events. You come to ours. We climb on your rock. You climb on our rock. Some of you live here. Some of us live there. It's not like Ontario and Quebec here. I count 94 of us active climbers here so far.

As a gym owner I'm sure you will appreciate that this website can bring you much business. Take advantage of the events and comps section or gyms and training section to keep us up to date on events and what not. I know a few people are planning on going up monday for a comp that they otherwise might not have heard about if this forum didn't exist. Any type of traffic into your establishment for future events is a good thing no?

Yes I agree that a lot of NB have been posting in the NS forum but if you read all the messages you'll see that the heated topics in this case were relevant to us. Otherwise, stupid topics are usually discussed in the general chat section.

Also, you will notice that the NS forum has more posts because the NB'ers tend to make more use of the other forum rooms such as (comps, gear, general chat) to place their messages in the appropriate sections. I do not moderate the NS forum so I do not move threads related to comps into the comps forum. All who log into this forum are able to see all the new posts regardless of what room you post your message in. Therefore, it's probably more convenient to just post the message "once" under the appropriate section.

I hope you will give the new community a chance and I'm sure you can find much use for it.

Cheers
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby joysquirts » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:23 am

aaaaahhhhuuummmm, chooooo, hhaaakkkkkk

got some gooch hair stuck in my throught...
ADAM BENJAMIN
joysquirts

Postby joysquirts » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:30 am

NOVICE ELITIST- a climber (or anyone for that matter) who after a short period of being a climber (or whatever) decide they are an expert and insist on telling everyone within 200 M (and internet land) what an expert they are.
ADAM BENJAMIN
joysquirts

Postby Fred » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:33 am

pessimism - tendency to take worst view or expect worst outcome
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby granite_grrl » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:28 pm

Fred wrote:Also, you will notice that the NS forum has more posts because the NB'ers tend to make more use of the other forum rooms such as (comps, gear, general chat) to place their messages in the appropriate sections. I do not moderate the NS forum so I do not move threads related to comps into the comps forum. All who log into this forum are able to see all the new posts regardless of what room you post your message in. Therefore, it's probably more convenient to just post the message "once" under the appropriate section.

There are a ton of messages in the NS section of this forum that really should have been posted in other sections in the first place. That is a problem with the moderator, Teth. Is it policy to move threads? If so maybe you should talk with the NS modertor so that they can moderate better (not trying to rag on you Teth, it's just a matter of how this board is to be run. I just don't see the point in having different sections if we just have a big ol' general chat all the time in the NS section).

I'm starting to form some opinions of this board and the recent arguments and such on it. I'm not enjoying the feel of it as much as I did maybe a month ago. I'll stick around for a bit yet and see how things evolve for a bit more. I like having a link back to people in NS.

Rebecca
granite_grrl

Return to Nova Scotia