im so sorry lourd fred and queen martha

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

im so sorry lourd fred and queen martha

Postby joysquirts » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:56 am

how dare i post my opinion the king and queen have spoken. untill this time i dont think i have felt dislike to a member of the local climbing community, OH wate, i guess your not local at all are you, but your stil the king and queen able to edit the voice of the climbing community in eastern canad at the press of a button. serius issues need to be talked about ppl NEED to understand, this is the talk in the crag is frustration and this is the only place we can state our peace.

i think this climbing forum is a positive stone in the climbing communty but you keep flexing your rite as its creator and your kingdom will fall.
ADAM BENJAMIN
joysquirts

Postby visitor » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:30 am

First thing... GROW UP!

Second thing... if you're soo frustrated with this forum or it's admins, there's a lot of internet space for you to start your own.
visitor

Postby Ken P » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:47 am

[quote="visitor"]First thing... GROW UP!

Second thing... if you're [b]soo[/b] frustrated with this forum or it's admins, there's a lot of internet space for you to start your own.[/quote]

Exactly!
Ken P

Postby joysquirts » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:58 am

hey ken P im not goin anyweres buddy my roots are well withing the climbing community, and you will have to deal with my opinion at times
at least wile im growing up.
ADAM BENJAMIN
joysquirts

Postby Ken P » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:26 am

Cheers
Ken P

Postby dr. dre » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:00 pm

i'm with joysquirts..
even though i don't live there anymore... the issue has a right to be discussed..

not necessarily directed at martha and fred - but all those who don't want questions asked.

"do it cause i sd so... "

d
dr. dre

Postby joysquirts » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:08 pm

your right dr. dre i souldent have stabed at the king and queen it was wrong and i know it but im still fumming. that he removed my post, witch dident directly mention the events in play it was a post to the community as a hole and it was stayted at the top in my opinion. so this is why im so mad and still mad.
ADAM BENJAMIN
joysquirts

Postby chameleon » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:15 pm

The King and Queen are just fulfilling their roles as site administrators, from their palace in New Brunswick (where the monarchy lives in exile from their loyal and loving subjects here in Nova Scotia :lol: ). A little high and mighty with the thread locking etc but I guess they're keepin' things safe for the plebs (maybe not keeping it real, but keeping it safe!?!).

I would agree with the happy squirter and c-stamp: the locking and message deletion does suck. And I think CNS is sucking right now in how they've handled things. I haven't read everything in detail (I guess you have to be quick before they get deleted), but it seems there's an issue with dogs going to Dover---no dogs allowed. Furthermore, the almighty CNS has declared that there will be no justification or discussion on the matter. Maybe the decision is not up for discussion as it has been requested by the owner of the land - but that is no reason not to explain the issue. Except for maybe Sean T (ha! :twisted:) most climbers I know are reasonable. If the justification for no dogs is reasonable, we'll accept it...if it's not reasonable, we'll discuss it...that's what people do.

Is CNS really acting in our best interests here, or are they power-tripping? Give us some facts, dawgs.

Thanks.
Sean C.

ps. Growing up is for chumps
chameleon

Postby The Mitt » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:31 pm

Hey guys,
As one of the moderators for the NS portion of this site I agree that the discussion should have been left open. We are currently discussing it in the moderator’s forum, peacefully. I urge that everyone realize that there are 2 separate issues here and that the anger from one should not spill over to the other. Moderation has been an ongoing issue here and I am sure it will be in time to come, we are discussing and trying to find a middle road.

I also ask that everyone please follow the current restrictions of dogs on Dover. I also ask that people handle this in a manner that respects everyone involved. We have gotten to know and respect some of the "owners" and they read this site from time to time. Spewing hate for them or CNS who is just passing the info is pointless. (yes I know I am guilty of not handling some issues as well in the past either)

I am sure that all the info from why the restrictions are now in place will come forward and most will agree that the unfortunate event has cause repercussions for all of us. In the end someone will state that we are all getting punished for one asshat and the short answer to that would be yes and if I was one of the owners I would do the same.

I hope this helps the situation more than hurting

Cheers
Mitt
The Mitt

Postby *Chris* » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:10 pm

Here's an idea...

To whomever was involved in the incident why not just fess-up and let the community know what went down. As it stands now, it seems to me as if you're putting the site admin and the CNS exec in a very difficult position. You may as well tell your end of the storey before it inevitably becomes public knowledge anyway. Log in as a guest if you must but it's time to man-up!

(sorry... can't think of a good, gender-neutral way to state that)
*Chris*

Postby joysquirts » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:28 pm

theres no need for the person involved to worrie about anything what happend was an axident and nor them or there dog should be responsable or feel guilty for what happend, the community would never hold something like this agains someone, that is not the problem, not the WHO. its the WHY. the point is the community has the right to have it explaind to them like adults. i know this is a small issue and in reality its an esay explanation, the the problem is we havent gotten it honestly, and its not a good sine, when theres a large issue will CNS brush the communithy away from the details? its not a good start to a good relationship between CNS and the majority community. we are all one body and i shouldent have to call member to get the scoop on something that everyone has the right to know about.
ADAM BENJAMIN
joysquirts

Postby joysquirts » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:33 pm

this post really should have ended after cameleon and the mitt, there posts said it all
ADAM BENJAMIN
joysquirts

Postby Scooter » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:09 pm

I have no idea what the details are surrounding this issue.
But, are we even sure there was an accident? What if the locals just don't want dogs on the island? We are climbing on Dover as a privelege, not a right.

The 'owners' don't want dogs on the island, maybe to prevent an issue that might arise in the future, such as: digging up grass, tramping on wildlife, or doggy doo all over the place. I don't think it really matters. Maybe our TRANSPORTATION just does not want dogs in the boat, period.

I don't think anybody is 100% clear what is 'issue' is. CNS is forwarding the request of the locals to the climbing community to ensure tht the relationship between the locals and the climbing community is not compromised when someone tries to bring a dog onto the boat.

I don't want to get involved or start any hard feelings but I think that as of now all we can do is respect the requests of the locals.

The climbing community is lucky that all the locals ask is no dogs. They could easily not provide transportation to dover at any time, they could easily stop bringing us firewood and mackerel during boulderfest and they could easily not let us park our cars on their lawns.
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby Scooter » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:10 pm

I have no idea what the details are surrounding this issue.
But, are we even sure there was an accident? What if the locals just don't want dogs on the island? We are climbing on Dover as a privelege, not a right.

The 'owners' don't want dogs on the island, maybe to prevent an issue that might arise in the future, such as: digging up grass, tramping on wildlife, or doggy doo all over the place. I don't think it really matters. Maybe our TRANSPORTATION just does not want dogs in the boat, period.

I don't think anybody is 100% clear what is 'issue' is. CNS is forwarding the request of the locals to the climbing community to ensure tht the relationship between the locals and the climbing community is not compromised when someone tries to bring a dog onto the boat.

I don't want to get involved or start any hard feelings but I think that as of now all we can do is respect the requests of the locals.

The climbing community is lucky that all the locals ask is no dogs. They could easily not provide transportation to dover at any time, they could easily stop bringing us firewood and mackerel during boulderfest and they could easily not let us park our cars on their lawns.
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby joysquirts » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:27 pm

come on now were not stupid. do you realy not know or are you trying to dismiss it still...
ADAM BENJAMIN
joysquirts

Postby joysquirts » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:34 pm

CNS is like the government, i guess "community" we are on a need to know basis and right now the CNS governs our knowledge and continues to dissmiss our questions with "i dont know" "this is just the way its going to be now" . did a little duck tell you to say this?
ADAM BENJAMIN
joysquirts

Postby martha » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:29 pm

Hey Joysquirts...

I have NO Moderrator abilities in the Nova Scotia forum. So for the record I did not delete or lock any thread. I simply made a comment. Mine was also deleted.

Cheers.

the queen.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby martha » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:34 pm

Oh and another thing...

The moderating was happening on request by CNS. so please don't shoot the messengers.

I personally think that the issue should be posted. I know the details and if they were spelled out for everyone to read I think that everyone would understand the reaction and request. I also personally think that CNS has not handled this situation very well.

However, I am not on the CNS board anymore and I just take orders from the 'King' on how to Moderate. (lucky for me, this is the only place I take his orders.. :lol: :lol: )

cheers.

the queen.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Scooter » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:43 pm

no really i have no idea
all the info i know is from reading these threads
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby cstamp » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:56 pm

"We are climbing on Dover as a privelege, not a right."
Until the judges hammer slams it's a right. I don't see the kayakers balking at no dogs or do not trespass signs. NO Dogs is bullpoop. What are you going to do ban hikers that hike by climbing areas with dogs. IF you do not treat dog owner with respect, their not going to respect you. Sending the discussion to an obsolete forum (that was obsolete before it was used) is crap.

Grow up. Is this what you have to say! Your an idiot. grow up is weak. What does it even mean? Your a cliche.

And I think no children should be allowed to be at dover. Children and Dogs have the same iq and get in the way. I even gave reasons for my belligerent opinions.
This topic is over no more discussion. The law is made. what will the compliance rate be??????

As for deleting posts. it looks like joysquirt and i have taken time from our joysquirting to keep this topic alive.
cstamp

Postby Zamboni » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:41 pm

Wow, you guys need to settle down, It is I that has been making the requests, not CNS. I hoped that people would be mature enough to read the warning, follow it and move on. I didn't want to go into details because I wanted to respect Norms wishes. Norm has wild birds that he rescued and is raising on his property. They also nest on Dover. One of his ducks were chased down and killed right in front of his eye's. And two birds were killed on the island.

I don't think norm wants to be reminded of the event, so please do not discuss it with him, drop the issue and go climbing.

Conan.
Zamboni

Postby joysquirts » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:56 pm

thank you conan for the truth, its good that the community knows what really happend, and we can watch out for these little ducks
ADAM BENJAMIN
joysquirts

Postby The Mitt » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:38 pm

CStamp, Its really easy to see that your pissed and I think you have reason to be. Your opinion was nullified wrongly and is important to the community, CNS, and this board. For that I apologize as a moderator, I will say that Fred locked the topic as asked by a CNS rep. As your guys rep in the moderators I will strive to ensure that moderation takes more of a neutral road. I am sure not all will be happy all the time. Lets face it no one here is doing anything to screw the community, or hurt access. Sometimes when you try to protect people's PRIVILAGES you accidentally step on others rights. I feel this is what happened here. I feel everyone has a right to speak within the TOS, and your original post was within TOS.

I hope I addressed the topic of moderation/censorship for now. As for the access issue I once again appeal to you guys to think about the community and for now not take your dogs to the island. Will this change in the future? I hope so I have a dog as well. I also ask that people not ask for an exception for now. We all know Norm and know he is an outstanding guy please don't cause him anymore heart ache over the issue, for now let sleeping dogs lie :) If our worst access issue with Dover in 7 years is regarding dogs we are doing well.

Please don't let a communication error on this board cause further access issues in a place that many of us find to be sacred. Be the bigger men/women and deal with this issue with tact.

Mitt
Stuck on a ship in South America :(
The Mitt

Postby Scooter » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:38 pm

Stamp is just breathing in too many chemicals at the lab!
:P
aint that right B'ye???????
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby cstamp » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:27 pm

To: cstamp
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:06 pm
Subject: hey man...chill.
man.. do you know what happend on Dover to make it no dogs?? I would have made the same decision had I been in Norms place. maybe you would have too?

Norm could cut us off entirely from getting on that island just by contacting all the owners. we are damn lucky he realizes it was a mistake by a irresponsible dog owner.

You really need to chill out a bit. if you have a bone to pick, take it up with Conan and Nate and CNS. this is where the issue is.

Cheers man.

Cara

Who is this person?
cstamp

Postby mike » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:38 am

Sorry to hear about the birds.

Sorry to hear about the moderation too.

Bunch of flowery Canadians!

Mike
mike

Postby mike » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:42 am

ps- I do support the removal of spam.

I ended up messing up a friends laptop with promises of seeing a Cameron Dias S & M video.
mike

Return to Nova Scotia